There could be numerous performance related issues you may encounter on your PC that display signs of memory issues. Here, a common system freezes or more critical BSOD problems could cause due to RAM related issues on your system. Here, we have discussed ways to identify the RAM errors on your system and ways to find & fix this problem.
RAM Issue Symptoms: There are certain symptoms on your PC that shows that something is not right with RAM. These symptoms include:
- Your system will freeze for several minutes. It may take several minutes to open programs like Word or even open Internet Explorer.
- You may see a blue screen of death (BSOD) on your system where your system completely freezes. You may encounter this problem even when you didn’t add any new software or hardware device on your PC. BSOD also appears due to malfunctioning of new drivers or Windows updates. So, if you have done nothing of it, then it may be caused due to memory issues on your system.
- If your system is randomly restarted while doing the work. Though there could be numerous other reasons for random restarts but if you face random restarts with other mentioned issues then it is happening due to RAM issues.
- If you start facing an issue when your files start getting corrupted, then this is another symptom of RAM issue on your PC. Here, it is possible that your files are not properly saved, or data is being corrupted. These read/write errors could be caused when certain parts of your files are stored in RAM and not properly working.
- You may see strange colors or lines appearing on the screen. Here, it is also possible that the data that you trying to open may corrupt due to this.
- If you hear a beep voice when you boot your PC, then this is again a problem with RAM> Here, you may hear a single beep, multiple beeps or continuous beep when you boot the computer.
Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic: Windows offers a built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic tool that helps you find & fix memory issues. To use this tool, follow these steps.
Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools.
Once you are on Administrative Tools window, double-click on Windows Memory Diagnostic shortcut.
Note: Alternatively, you can press Windows key + R to open Run dialog box. Here, you need to enter mdsched.exe command and press enter to run this tool. You can also search & select “Windows Memory Diagnostic” in the search box on the taskbar.
A pop-up will appear offering you two options to click. Here, click on “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)” option. Don’t forget to save your work and close any open programs before restarting your system.
Now your computer will restart, and Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool screen will appear. Here, it will scan your system to find all memory related problems.
Note: It may take several minutes so leave it without interfering. You can also see a progress bar and a status message that will notify you about problems that have been detected during the process.
Once it completes scanning your system for memory problems, your PC will restart automatically and return to Windows desktop. Here, it will display results as you log in on your PC.
Note: If it doesn’t display results automatically, then you can see it manually as well. To do this, follow this process.
- Right-click on Windows logo in the lower-left corner and click on Event Viewer option.
- Select “Windows Logs” from the left panel.
- Select System and then click on Find option from right-panel.
- Now type “MemoryDiagnostic” and click on Find next button to view the results.
Use third-party memory checking tool: In addition to using the built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, you can also use other third-party powerful testing tools to find & fix the problems with your system RAM. These smart solutions come loaded with abundant useful features to boost your system performance comprehensively.Following the above-mentioned steps, you can easily identify RAM errors on your system. Once you have identified the problem, it becomes easier for you to fix the problem. Here, we have discussed how you can check your RAM for errors on your PC, if you know more such steps, then feel free to comment below.
Make the Perfect Cup of Coffee at Home
How to Find Packaging For Your Food Product
Ways credit score can affect your chances of getting a loan
Top 9 HR Trends for 2019
Are Dentists Doctors? We asked a Dentist
8 Awesome Design Cars that You Can’t-Miss to See
How Kids Can Learn Modern Greek Quickly Through Online Marketing Courses?
Why Flexible LED screens for Stage are important for Concerts?
Top 5 Industries for which Cloud-Based Phone System is Important
4 Crucial To Build A Profitable Food Delivery Business
How To Build up More Efficiently New Blog
Factors to be considered before WordPress theme for your Website or Blog
Confused regarding the best kind of flooring for your house? This short guide will help you select the best one
Step-by-step guide on how to install a turbocharger in your car!
All you need to know about teeth whitening
Era of Revolution in Digital Marketing
How Roof Restoration Helps You Sell Your House?
Everything you should know about the weather in Hawaii
Trending Designs in Men’s Bracelet and Band Segments
All You Need To Know About Green Tea
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance1 year ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology9 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- General1 year ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing7 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- General1 year ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?