Before launching into a kayak adventure, read these suggestions to be fully informed about what you need to know and what it means to descend a river of rapids in a kayak for beginners.
The kayak is a small boat that can resemble a type of canoe for one or two people. It is directed thanks to the use of a double spoon oar and its origin is very old since this type of boats were used by Indians, Eskimos, Vikings and more … With more than 3,000 years old, nowadays they are used to practice Extreme sports and two types of kayaks are distinguished :
Those used in peaceful and serene waters such as lakes, dams or seas.
Those that serve for white waters, so called because of their turbulence. These waters refer mainly to the water currents in the rivers; they are called rapids and are of great interest to different water sports.
In this article we will discuss the use of this second type of kayak, that is, the river kayak. Below, we will present 10 suggestions to prepare you to descend an adventure river by practising kayaking:
1) Eskimo Roll: The most important thing is that you know the techniques of self-rescue (roll) and the difficulty of where you are going to get.
2) Surf in a group: Never throw yourself in a river alone, it is better to always do it in a group. This is a law of kayakers. There are even kayak greats who always practice and know well where they get and have needed help.
3) Port: This means avoiding the most difficult area of the fast (little navigable) and if the whole stretch is difficult or too difficult for you, you must walk or climb the shore. Avoid everything fast that exceeds your level and experience.
4) River reading: you will acquire it as you get into a few rivers. It consists of determining the route to follow in the fast this can be done from the kayak or from outside. Generally, you are looking for a river language in which the obstacles that appear do not generate inconveniences. For this, look for where you get that tongue of water and the possibilities that this makes you hit something.
5) Pamp: it consists of paddling with force before entering a well and just before it devours you have to hit a strong implosion of your boat with the whole body. It’s about strength as if your body wants to push the boat and at the same time row with force.
6) Recognize the Edies: You must have some knowledge of input to an “Edie”. These are backwaters where no currents are only swirls and it is in these places where you can stop for a moment to read the river or rest if necessary. Generally, these places are caused by stones, tree roots or the same course of the river that causes swirls to form in certain places.
These places are generally unstable the way to enter them, the best way is by clicking the stone behind which is the Edie and paddling on the side that is the current. Pinching means to pass almost touching the stone with the tip of your boat and your body slightly turned towards the stone. This movement will turn the boat 180 degrees and at that moment you must have a support with your paddle so that it does not overturn. Advice never stops looking at the place where you are getting everything that happens in another place should not matter. at least until you want to leave the Edie.
7) Safety: Always with a helmet and a vest, do not be afraid of the wells just respect, then you will want to play with them.
8) Dead raft: Also called “dead cock” means that your boat follows the river and your body moves with it, you only give directions, but you let yourself go.
9) Entrance to the current: You will get 45 degrees against the current and looking down the river, the river turns the boat and the action begins…
10) Ferrin: as if you were entering the current and paddling almost one side only plus the help of your leg to maintain that direction you cross from shore to shore or from Edie to Edie.
Author Bio: – Boris Parr is a founder of Reviews For Product blog; it’s a blog about water sports and its safety tips, all outdoor sports, guide, reviews, news, equipment and events.
How to Understand the True Purpose of Yoga?
How To Find The Best Yoga Teacher Training Program For You?
5 Steps to a Deeper, More Connected Yoga Practice
What are Different Kinds of Yoga Programs?
HERBAL MEDICINE FOR A MODERN WORLD
All You Need to Know About Self Storage
6 Essential Practices to Make Your Home Neat and Clean
Which Is Better for You, Transition or Progressive Lenses?
5 Effective Yoga Poses for a Healthy Heart
How to use a personal loan to pay your taxes
10 Tips For Writing The Thesis
Everything you need to know about life in New Jersey
Here’s How EMIs for Personal Loans are Calculated
5 Best Places to Live in Maryland
The Future is Now with AWS Certifications
Reasons Why Hiring a Digital Marketing Agency is Always a Good Idea
The Growing Partnership with Distribution Channels for OTAs Through API
How To Properly Maintain Your Vehicle While Exploring The Countryside
Do you have a hole in your pocket? Maybe it’s your Old Car.
6 Tips to reduce high bounce rates for your website
- Finance1 year ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Technology7 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- General1 year ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Home Improvement1 year ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing5 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- General1 year ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?