This article contains some information and ideas that I have about how to Build up a small or new blog efficiently. Unfortunately writing good content is not enough there are so many blogs out there that you have to do some extra work in order to get noticed. These ideas are more effective on smaller blogs so as your blog grows then you can modify or omit items.
It’s been said before and I’ll say it again: without reasonably good regular content then your traffic growth will be sluggish at best. Variance tv, Write about topics that interest you and hope you know something about.
A few ideas about content:
- Focussed or not? Some people say that blogs with a narrow range of topics are more successful. Personally, I don’t worry about it if something interests you then write about it.
- Length When I started on a blog and was posting five times a week I decided to try to do posts that were 300-500 words in length. I didn’t want them too short and I didn’t want them too long. Because if they were, I’d rather split them up and post them over two days. Now that I’m sharing a blog I don’t worry about the length as much, but I do think that posts that are too long might be detrimental to growing traffic since most readers don’t really want to read a book when they are browsing their reader. On the other hand, it can be a bit annoying when you check out a new post on a blog and they have written a two-sentence reminder to themselves or something equally silly which I’ve seen many times.
- Think up ideas in advance It amazes me when I hear about bloggers who regularly sit down in the evening and think up an idea and then write a post on it. I suppose this has to do with individual style but I like to think up most of my ideas in advance and I hate writing last minute posts.
- Avoid burnout If you post twice a week for a year then you will have a much larger following then if you post seven days a week for three months. If you want to be a blogger for the long term then you have to pace yourself. Even taking a week off now and again (maybe not right in the beginning, however) is not a bad idea.
This is an interesting topic since not everyone agrees about how often a blogger should post. My blog posts five days a week which is facilitated by the fact that there are two writers so we only write every second day. My feeling on this topic is that you don’t have to post five times a week to grow your audience two or three times a week should be sufficient.
I would, however, suggest that you follow a schedule i.e., for twice a week then post the same two days each week. Avoiding burnout is a key goal of a beginning blogger so if posting three times a week feels comfortable then do three times a week. There is nothing gained if you struggle to post five times a week (or more) and then end up quitting the blog after a frustrating few months.
See that orange square in the upper right side of the screen? That’s a Feed Burner icon and it allows readers to easily subscribe to your feed. This is very important because making it easier for readers to read your posts when they are published will increase your readership. Get one!
Comments on other blogs
is a great way to market your blog. Some suggestions for leaving comments:
- Correct info — Make sure you fill in the name of your blog and the correct URL.
- Usefulness — Write a meaningful comment on the post. Things like “great post” are not going to get you any traffic.
- Relevancy — The more relevant the post is to your blog then the more likely it is that a good comment will get some referrals. Someone who is reading the comments is definitely interested in the topic so if you look like you are interested in that topic as well then they might check out your blog. On the same idea focus on blogs that are similar to your own.
- Blog size — Comment on medium sized blogs. Commenting on large blogs is often a waste of time since there are too many comments and it seems like nobody reads any of them! By the same token, a small blog will not have enough traffic to make it worthwhile commenting if it’s traffic that you want. I’m not suggesting that you shouldn’t comment on very small or very big blogs if you want to but the traffic potential will be less.
Link to other blogs
This is a key tool and is part of networking with other bloggers. Bloggers love to get recognized and praised (at least I do) so if you write a post and include a link to one of their posts then they will often come and check out your blog. Ideally, if they like your blog and hopefully start reading it, then they will put some links to your blog in one of their posts which can be an excellent source of traffic. As I mentioned with the comments, medium sized blogs will probably provide the best results for this strategy.
Read other blogs
If you want to comment on, link to any network other bloggers then you have to know what they write about so make sure you read at least a few blogs regularly.
Network with other bloggers
This usually takes the form of emailing other bloggers you can comment on a post, tell them you like their blog, ask for advice etc. This won’t work with every blogger but it can serve as a great learning tool and can also lead to more links and you might even make some good friends.
This is another area where I will be venturing for the first time in the next few weeks. From discussions with other bloggers, this can be an anilinkz, good source of new readers. Guest posts take time so this shouldn’t be done at the expense of your own content. Again, try to match the subject content of the blog you will be guest posting on to your own for maximum benefit.
Here too I would say try to go for medium sized blogs they are likely to be receptive to a guest post and if their content is similar to your own then this strategy could be quite beneficial.
Advertisement on your blog
I would suggest that you not bother with any advertising when you start a blog for the following reasons:
- No money — You need traffic to make money with an advertisement on your blog, so until your blog has a chance to grow there is no benefit to having advertising.
- Aesthetics – Advertisement on your blog almost always has a detrimental effect on the way a blog looks. This is an acceptable trade-off for an established blog but for a new blog you are better off without ads. It’s kind of like a first date you want to look as good as possible!
Search Engine Optimization is a fascinating subject but for a new blog, I would completely ignore it. You will have plenty of time, later on, to get into this topic. Time spent on SEO is time not spent on content or marketing which is a mistake for a new blog.
Social networks are a great way to generate traffic and new readers. Stumble Upon, in particular, has been pretty effective for me. I would say that this might not be the best route for a brand new blog but keep it in mind and maybe after a few months, start looking into it.
5 things everyone gets wrong about Swords
The Significance of Document Verification in Travel Industry
Make Your Business Stand Out with Instagram Stories
10 Fundamentals of the Unity 3D Game Development Software:
4 Modern Interior Design Ideas for Your Home
How to Pack for Long Term Storage vs. Short Term Self Storage
How QR Codes are the best fit for Fitness Marketing
Bluestone Flooring Definite Pros and Cons
Structural Engineering is a path for future designers
Blue Light: Good or Bad?
All You Need To Know About Home Infestation
Effective Tips on How to Grow Your Plumbing Business
Gates and Fences- Planning the Right Pick
4 Reasons Why Bajaj Qute Will Replace the Auto Rickshaw
What Else Do We Do Besides Offering Trailers for Sale?
The Essential Guide to Using Social Media for Small Businesses
The Advantages of Guest Posting Services for Site Owners
Trending Technology Using For Home Door’s Upgradations
4 Reasons You Should Sip on CBD Tea!
Pregnancy And Its Trimesters
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology12 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing10 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Software2 years ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- Digital Marketing9 months ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide