Constipation often occurs when we do not provide enough fiber for our body in daily meals and take little exercise. Besides, constipation can result from the side effect of certain medications. Almost everyone has experienced this condition. Fortunately for us, there are quite a few effective ways to help us overcome constipation. Particularly, we take use of the natural ingredients such as water, vegetables and fruits. On other words, we simply change some eating habits and daily activities. Following are top 4 recipes for the homemade laxative that are considered the best treatment for constipation.
Recipes for the homemade laxative
1. Drink a lot of water
Dry and hard feces are a common sign of constipation. If you supplement a large amount of water, the feces will become softer; as a result, you do not have any difficulty in eliminating the feces from the body. It is obvious that this is the fastest way for constipation that you should take immediately after symptoms of constipation appear.
- For men, it is recommended to drink at least 13 glasses (3 liters) of water a day while women should drink at least 9 glasses (2.2 liters) of water a day to treat constipation.
- You are advised not to drink the beverage containing caffeine and alcohol while suffering from constipation. The beverages that contain caffeine like coffee, soft drinks and alcohol have a function as the diuretic that will lead to the dehydration in the body through the urinary tract. Consequently, it can make constipation worse.
- Other liquids, for example, some fruit juices such as lemon juice and types of herbal tea, are the necessary supplement to your body. But you do not drink teas with caffeine. Pear and apple can become one of the best homemade laxatives.
2. Eat more fiber to improve constipation
Fiber is a natural laxative. It helps to increase the amount of water in your feces and softens the stools. This will help your intestinal peristalsis move faster and more easily through the large intestinal, as a result, constipation will be treated effectively. However, the sudden change in the amount of fiber can cause the dyspepsia. For this reason, you are advised or gradually increase the fiber intake in your diet. Experts recommend eating at least 20 to 35 grams of fiber a day.
Note that fiber can reduce the effect of the medicine. If you are on medication, it is recommended that you take medicine at least an hour before eating fiber. Another choice is you eat the food with fiber two hours before taking drugs.
Some foods that increase the fiber intake
- Berries, especially the fruits with edible peel like apple and grape.
- Green leafy vegetables such as cabbage, sugar beet and turnip.
- Vegetables like broccoli, spinach, carrot, cauliflower, brussel sprout, artichoke and green bean.
- Other types of beans, such as lima bean, white bean, lentil and black bean have been so far used to get rid of symptoms of constipation.
- Unprocessed grains such as brown rice, popcorn, steel-cut oats, and buckwheat. Therefore, you should supplement your diet with bread and unprocessed grains.
- Some seeds such as pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, linseed as well as other plants like almond, walnut and pecan also supply a significant amount of fiber.
The regular consumption of these plants will support you to prevent and cure constipation as well.
3. Treat constipation with plum
Plums are rich in fiber and also contain sorbitol, which is a mild stimulant that reduces the time for delivering the stool and the risk of constipation.
To treat constipation with plum, you can eat plums or drink plum juice. However, the plum juice contains less fiber than plums.
100 grams of plum contains 14.7 grams of sorbitol while 100 grams of plum juice just include 6.1 grams of sorbitol. Therefore, if not eating plums but still wanting to achieve expected health benefits, you have to drink plenty of plum juice.
You do not try to eat too many plums. You need to leave this number of plums a little time so that they are absorbed into the body before continuing to supplement more plums into your stomach; otherwise, you may have diarrhea.
4. Take advantages of herbs
There are several kinds of herbs considerably support the treatment for constipation. They have a function as a homemade laxative and have an ability to soften stool. They include psyllium, flaxseed and fenugreek. You can buy them in different forms such as capsule, tablet and powder at functional food stores or pharmacies.
- Psyllium has the effect of a laxative and can cure constipation efficiently. You can find out many different types of psyllium such as powder or tablet. Some people can get cramps when using psyllium.
- Flaxseed is a useful tip for treating constipation and diarrhea. Flaxseed provides acids, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. You can mix the flaxseed with yogurt or cereal for use. However, if you have gastrointestinal bleeding, bowel obstruction or high blood pressure, you are advised not to use flaxseed. At the same time do not use flaxseed. In other cases, if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding your baby, you are also not encouraged to consume flaxseed.
- Fenugreek is commonly used to treat some digestive diseases including constipation and abdominal pain. Fenugreek should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Moreover, you never take fenugreek to treat children for constipation.
In addition to taking a supplement of water, fruits and vegetables, it is necessary for you change some bad habits. For example, you should not have breakfast in a hurry and start to work immediately, which can cause some diseases related to stomach and intestine. Besides, you have to evacuate the bowels in a proper sitting posture. Particularly, you sit on the toilet so that your stomach and thighs create a 45° angle.
Above are some of the most effective homemade laxatives for constipation. They will get rid of constipation and prevent this disease. It is not difficult to have these laxatives for use. All of them are available and can be taken from nature. As a result, instead of taking medication, you should supplement your diet with the above-mentioned nutrients.
Different Types of Performance Stages
How To Properly Maintain Your Vehicle While Exploring The Countryside
Understand the Importance of House Restumping Service
How To Select The Right Trailer?
Here’s How EMIs for Personal Loans are Calculated
Leasing vs Buying a Car for Rideshare Drivers: Don’t Get Taken for a Ride
Studying in North Miami, Florida USA
Why to Choose a PCO Car for Hire
Where can I start over?
Moving with your significant other? These tips will help you survive the process
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
Top Ten Most Popular Torrent Sites Of 2018
Top 10 Free Mp3 Download Sites In 2019
Recent Advancements In Technology of Pizza Packaging Industry
Everything you need to know about self-storage
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
How to Find Duplicate Photos on Your PC or Mac
Knowing From The Corporate Lawyers In India How To Close A Business
4 Reasons Why Hiring the Best SEO Company is a Good Idea
Don’t Allow Hard Drive Failure to Compromise Your Files
Finance11 months ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
General11 months ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
Home Improvement1 year ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
Software11 months ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
General12 months ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?
Travel12 months ago
The Most Beautiful Beach Bars in Frankfurt
Apps12 months ago
Role Of Python in Mobile Application Development