Considering that 2020 will witness India boasting about being the youngest nation, the impending senior citizen boom is expected to engulf 20% of the population by 2050. Following such an increased population of retirees, much attention is being paid to their present and future financial well-being.
It is well reflected via investment options like the senior citizen fixed deposit scheme that accounts for higher and assured returns against the least possible risks. It is in perfect line with the primary objective of the financial product in discussion – offer them with convenient access to adequate funds, despite the lack of a permanent source of income.
How can you boost your retirement fund with FDs?
With smart investment options in the form of Fixed Deposits from NBFCs like Bajaj Finance, individuals can draw multiple benefits that include the additional 0.35% Bajaj Finance FD rates of interest. Such an elevated interest rate has a considerable impact on the interest payouts, and hence on the maturity amount withdrawn.
With an additional measure of convenience added by financial tools like FD calculators, one can calculate the maturity amount based on factors like chosen tenor, investment amount, etc. It helps them decide and settle upon the financer that best caters to their monetary requirements. It is feasible in cases of the aforementioned Bajaj Finance FD rates that is set at 8.7%.
For example, let’s assume your retirement fund amounts to Rs. 15 Lakh and you decide to invest it in a fixed deposit with a tenor of 60 months. In this case, your withdrawn maturity amount results to Rs. 22,76,350. This withdrawn amount is adequate to cover numerous expenses during your retirement days.
Apart from the obvious benefits of earning guaranteed returns on the surplus cash, senior citizens can benefit from these risk-free investment options in multiple ways.
Why are fixed deposits a preferred smart investment for retirees?
In most cases, senior citizens suffer from the absence of fixed monthly income coupled with low risk appetite, which is why fixed deposits make a preferred option for many.
Moreover, senior citizen fixed deposit scheme also comes with multiple other lucrative features, such as –
- Avail loans in cases of emergencies – In case of senior citizens, the most uncalled for emergencies involve that of a medical situation. Considering the increased cost of medical treatments, managing such expenses in the post-retirement days can be a financial hassle. Under such circumstances, fixed deposits from reputed lenders offer individuals with the provision to avail advances against the invested amount. It ensures that there is no need to liquidate other savings to gain financial stability.
- Aids in meeting recurring and non-recurring expenses –
- With fixed deposits, the elderly applicants can meet their financial goals and make life easier in their golden years. It is feasible with non-cumulative fixed deposits wherein the applicants are allowed to choose their frequency of payouts and therefore meet their recurring and non-recurring expenses.
- Easier to invest and convenient to monitor –
- With reputed financers implementing online services as well as dedicated mobile applications, monitoring of online senior citizen fixed deposit scheme accounts have become significantly easier.
Moreover, a streamlined application procedure along with nominal eligibility criteria and minimal documentation makes it convenient for pensioners to apply for the same.
- Market independent schemes offering guaranteed returns – Unlike market-dependent investment schemes like equities, fixed deposits are unaffected by any fluctuations in the financial sector. Subsequently, the rate of interest remains constant across the tenor that can be computed from beforehand. It offers individuals with the opportunity to streamline their financial plan with an FD calculator.
Taking into account such host of benefits offered to senior citizens, availing these smart investment options is deemed preferable. Also, elderly applicants need not wait to accumulate a high corpus to invest in such schemes, since the minimum amount is set at Rs. 25,000 only. With assured returns that can be as high as one and a half times the corpus, they are perfect for those with an unstable source of income post their retirement days.
Are my Academic Skills Sufficient to Qualify For Top IIMs?
Reasons Why Living Like a Spartan Will Improve Your Life
Car Accidents: How to Handle Them Effectively
What You Can Do to Lose Weight if Diet and Exercise Aren’t Enough
How to Make the Most of Your Beach-Front Property
Technologies That Make Modern Cars a Joy to Drive
4 Things to Consider When Buying an Apartment Building
How VPS Hosting Meet Real Business Needs?
7 Healthy Facts About Magic Mushroom Tea
10 Genius Products That Will Make Travelling With Kids so Much Easier
Corporate Event Technology Trends To Explore In 2020
Ways to Motivate Employees to Accept eLearning
How Technology Supports Learning Through Online Education
How to do Scheduled Planning for MSBI Certification?
Awesome DIY Ideas To Reuse Custom Cardboard Boxes
[Solved] How to Recover Deleted Tasks in Outlook
How Chatbots Can Help You To Transform Your Business: Chatbot Advantages
Best Cities for Families – 2020 Edition
Why MSBI (Microsoft Business Intelligence) is the ultimate tool
10 Useful Car Accessories You Should Have
- Home Improvement3 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Technology2 years ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing1 year ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing1 year ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To2 years ago
Guilty of Making These Blunders While Designing Posters?