The advertising Instagram has established itself as one of the most interesting options of digital marketing in recent years. Since it shares the same advertising interface as Facebook, it offers a lot of tools and interesting options for marketers; Whatever your type of company and your goal, you will surely find the ingredients to create the campaign of your dreams.
But sometimes we can get lost in such complexity and not be clear about the best options for our case. To get the most out of Instagram advertising and not waste time, effort and budget, you must be very clear about your strategy. To know how you can define it, read on!
Why are you interested in advertising on Instagram?
Instagram is one of the most powerful social networks of recent years, and unlike some other “fashionable” networks, is fully implemented among the public of our country. At SkWebSolutions; one of the leading US logo designing companies, we believe that advertising on Instagram is a safe bet , and this data gives us the reason:
- Only in Spain, Instagram has more than 12 million users. Globally, this network has no less than 250 million active users per day.
- Spaniards are particularly active in this social network, since they create 150% more content in Stories than the global average. We are attracted to try new formats and we are willing to accept them in the advertising we consume.
- Advertising on Instagram is particularly interesting for brands that target a young audience, since 42.8% of users of this network are between 19 and 24 years old and 33.9% between 25 and 34.
- Instagram is a reference network for finding new content, both personal contacts and celebrities and brands. In fact, it is a very popular network among influencers, and the promoted content enjoy special acceptance compared to other networks.
- The Instagram advertising platform is very versatile, which allows us to adapt the campaigns to our objectives, our audience and the characteristics of our brand.
5 strategies to wipe out your Instagram advertising
1) Identify in which phase of the conversion funnel you are
The conversion funnel is a key concept to understand the journey of the client and optimize the marketing of our brand. It is a graphic representation of the entire customer acquisition process; It is funnel-shaped because not all contacts that show interest end up generating a conversion, so the volume narrows as we go.
In general, we usually distinguish the following phases or stages of the conversion funnel:
- Awareness (pre-entry phase in the funnel): the user realizes that he has a need.
- TOFU (top of the funnel): the user starts looking for information to respond to that need. This phase is characterized by very general searches, such as “how to get fit” or “more effective exercises for X”. Here our role is to raise awareness about the brand and the need.
- MOFU (middle of the funnel): the user is evaluating different options, for example, gyms to sign up for. Therefore, we must teach him how to choose a solution.
- BOFU (bottom of the funnel): the user has considered the available options and remains interested in our brand. It is time to put all the meat in the spit to make you decide to buy.
- Conversion : the closure of the funnel, when the user becomes a customer.
As you probably know, each of these phases is good for a different type of advertising, and advertising on Instagram is no exception. For example, if a user is in the early stages of consideration, an ad focused on the purchase will not be effective. But if you’re ready to buy, you have to take the opportunity and not just offer generic content.
2) Adapt the type of ad to your goal
If you are already clear about which phase of the conversion funnel you are targeting and what you want to achieve, the next step is to “translate” your strategy to Instagram advertising. And is that each stage of the funnel corresponds to a specific type of announcement. Luckily, Instagram Ads have options to meet all possible needs.
In the TOFU phase , we are looking for users to start recognizing the brand, but we do not have a specific conversion goal. The types of ads that best suit this phase are those of interaction with publications and those of video visualizations.
In the MOFU phase , we look for the user to start interacting with our website and, if possible, to register with it. Once again, the advertising on Instagram offers us several types of ads that can be adapted to these goals: those of records on the web, those of generation of leads and those that direct traffic to a website.
Finally, in the BOFU phase we look for the user to perform a specific action and linked to the conversion. To achieve this, we can launch interaction announcements with an application, conversions on a website (linked to the purchase) or installations of an application.
3) Find your ideal audience
In addition to choosing the type of ad suited to our goal, we must also carefully consider the issue of segmentation. Instagram offers many options for creating publics for ads, but it is important to know what exactly each implies and use them appropriately.
Once again, the type of segmentation to choose will depend on the objectives of the campaign and the stage of the funnel in which we find ourselves.
In the initial acquisition phase , what we seek is to reach a large number of users, so the segmentation will be based on general parameters such as:
- Broad demographic data such as age, sex, location or language.
- More specific data, such as educational level, important life events, composition of the home, etc.
- Behaviors: here we can find things like shopping habits, the use of devices or certain activities, for example, a regular video game player.
- Categories of partners: typologies of consumers contracted to third parties through Instagram, for example, car model.
- Interests: broad (for example, “kitchen”) or specific (based on user activity on Instagram).
In the middle part of the funnel, a strategy widely used is “prospecting”, which is based on locating audiences similar to those we already have. For this, we can use these two tools:
- Personal audiences: are audiences based on data provided by us, for example, a database of customers or visitors to our website.
- Similar audiences: the next step is to create an audience that resembles a previous one, in order to locate other users potentially interested in the brand. We can adjust the desired similarity percentage to expand or reduce the audience.
And finally, in the final part of the funnel we can play with remarketing to once again impact an audience that is ready to convert.
4) Choose the location of the ads well
When it comes to advertising on Instagram, there is another key factor besides the type of ad: the location. And here we can also choose where our ads are displayed to customize to the fullest. There are two great options:
- Show ads in the News Feed . In turn, here we can choose between different creativities: static images, videos, carousels …
- Show ads in the Stories . In this way, we take advantage of the notoriety of this format, which, as we have seen, stands out especially among Spanish users. Here we recommend opting for the video format, since it is the one that gives the best results.
5) Always measure the results
Along with all these customization and targeting options, Instagram also offers a lot of data on the performance of ads and campaigns. Take advantage of them!
No strategy is complete without a measurement plan and reports . So if you want to succeed with your Instagram advertising, establish regular controls and do not stop testing to see what works. The results will be worth it.
Do you want to know more about Instagram Ads?
I hope these strategies have helped you put your ideas in order, but there is still a lot of material to cut. If you want to see these strategies in detail with ideas and practical examples, know how to adapt the campaigns to your conversion funnel and choose the best segmentations and publics, you can not miss our free ebook on Instagram advertising strategies .
Top Five Data Management Trends to Look for
Concept of Network Marketing explained and how does it works?
How to Understand the True Purpose of Yoga?
How To Find The Best Yoga Teacher Training Program For You?
5 Steps to a Deeper, More Connected Yoga Practice
What are Different Kinds of Yoga Programs?
HERBAL MEDICINE FOR A MODERN WORLD
All You Need to Know About Self Storage
6 Essential Practices to Make Your Home Neat and Clean
Which Is Better for You, Transition or Progressive Lenses?
10 Tips For Writing The Thesis
Everything you need to know about life in New Jersey
The Future is Now with AWS Certifications
5 Best Places to Live in Maryland
The Growing Partnership with Distribution Channels for OTAs Through API
Do you have a hole in your pocket? Maybe it’s your Old Car.
6 Tips to reduce high bounce rates for your website
Why It Is Critical To Work With Trusted Loan Providers
Top 10 Smart Watches of 2019 That You Need to See
Top Presentation Maker Tool That Will Make Your Life Easier
Finance1 year ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
Technology7 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
General1 year ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
Home Improvement1 year ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
Digital Marketing5 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
General1 year ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?