Introducing the ‘what not to do’ list
Most lists for entrepreneurs focus on the key ingredients they’ll need to make them successful. Derived from famous success stories, these tips can often be misleading. Just because an idea worked for one individual in one situation does not mean it will work for everyone. Perhaps more importantly, investing in a set of activities, however worthwhile, does not automatically mean new entrepreneurs will avoid the pitfalls they should.
I’ve started 2 companies and 5 websites. For the last 5 years, I have stepped out of corporate life and into running my own things. I can tell you from bitter experience that this is the list I wish people had given me on day 1. Here’s what not to do if you want to be a successful entrepreneur.
Get involved in an industry they know nothing about
Picking an industry to start up in is the hardest part of the puzzle. I had worked in telecommunications for around 15 years. When I examined the skills I had, the only thing I could really offer insight into at the time was phones and phone plans. Since then I have written hundreds of thousands of words of content, outlining everything I know about the field, with a view to even out the information balance between time poor people looking to get the phone plan that’s right for them and the phone companies.
What you take for granted, what people ask you about at BBQs on the weekend, that’s your valuable Intellectual Property and it should probably be the focus area for your business.
Act without insight into the market
The single most valuable thing I have done since I started my own business is to spend money on Google Surveys. For as little as $0.10 per question, per user, it’s possible to mobilize Google’s content monetization chops and get unique, affordable insights into your target market.
Without this, you’ll be guessing at where to position your products and the information you need to provide people on your site to overcome their emotional and rational barriers to purchase.
If you’re operating in an industry you know intimately, and, as we’ve seen, you should be, Google Surveys can add to your trove of understanding and give you unique value on top of what your competitors can provide.
Do it part time – or alone
You’ll never get funding for your idea if you’re doing it part-time. Any foray into entrepreneurship has to be a 110% commitment of all of your resources, including time. If potential investors see you ensuring failure by keeping even a part-time job on the back burner, they won’t take you seriously.
Entrepreneurship gives you freedom but requires, in exchange, discipline. A number of studies have shown that grit – determination and persistence in the face of obstacles are what sets successful entrepreneurs apart from those who fail. Get yourself a partner in crime – if you can’t convince someone else to join you, how are you going to convince investors to invest or customers to buy. And then work the problems between you, full time, if you want to make a go of it.
Do it just for the money
Having a friend and colleague by your side will also help when things go wrong. I’ve been screwed over by suppliers and beaten up by Google’s search results algorithms more times than I care to remember. If your only motivator for working this way is to make money, it almost certainly won’t be enough to keep you going when things fall apart.
Whatever you see in the media, being an entrepreneur can be best characterized by a single metaphor – getting kicked hard in the crotch at least once a week. Money is not enough to justify the experience. You need to be realistic about how passionate you are about the industry you’re choosing, the colleagues you have and this entirely new way of working. If you don’t love, love, love what you’re doing, I’m sorry, but don’t bother starting.
Spend the money as soon as you have it
One of the great things about being an entrepreneur, especially a digital entrepreneur is that the time from an effort to reward can be extremely fast. Have a good idea and your analytics can often show money rolling into the coffers quickly. Take it from someone who learned the hard way – when that happens, bank it. I try and live on the minimum amount I can, investing everything else back into the business. I keep a safety net of 6 months operating cost (some entrepreneurs call this ‘runway’) in the bank.
Small businesses succeed and fail on cash flow. When a good idea pays dividends, bank them for a rainy day. There is one just around the corner.
Tips for Choosing Accounting Software for Small Businesses
Utilizing bookkeeping software can surely spare a long periods of time as contrasted with dealing with the books physically and is normally more productive than utilizing a spreadsheet. It is on account of the fact that bookkeeping software decreases or takes out redundant data punching, such as entering the client’s address on the statement, and then on the receipt and so on. On the off chance that you are a sole proprietor without any representatives, low or no stock and a modest bunch of clients, you may not require bookkeeping software. But there are free or low estimated bookkeeping software choices accessible for you in case you need. Entrepreneurs who carry stock, have more clients or workers will spare time and have more exact records if bookkeeping software is utilized.
There are a number of Cheap accounting software which are substantially simpler to use than it used to be in the past, and some private venture bookkeeping programming was intended for convenience of all.
In order to choose the accounting software for the smaller businesses, you must, first of all, narrow down the choices of your accounting software by creating a list of accounting features that are needed by small scale businesses in order to run your business. Most of the accounting features that are required by Small scale businesses include:
- Inventory management
- Sales tracking
- Merchant account support to accept credit card payments
- Business tax reporting
- Manage customer contacts or work with your current contact management software
You can always do a thorough research when it comes to select the accounting software for your business. Find out if the accounting software will grow with the business, which implies that you must find out if there are certain features which can be added to your software later when business grows. Also make sure that you software supports the banking software as well, as it would prove to be helpful and would save a lot of time.
You can always ask for a free trial from your accounting software vendor and check if you can get all the required features such as accounting software with inventory management etc. don’t get features which are redundant and the ones you might not need. You might end up unnecessarily paying for them and eventually increasing the cost. Whenever you are buying the accounting software for a small scale business, always make sure to find out of you would be able to get the assistance that you need later on. There are many vendors which provide free support for a specific duration and then they start charging afterwards. There are a number of forums where you can ask for support for using the accounting software. And here you can have your queries sorted as well.
Any kind of accounting software is important for a business. In case yours is a small scale business you got to go for a software which is not heavy on the pocket and also provides the much needed peace of mind while running the business operations. Also bear in mind that once your business grows you can always switch to a better software.
All You Need to Know About the Portable Arizer Vaporizer
Introduction: About the Portable Arizer Vaporizer
The Arizer Solo, the portable Arizer vaporizer is one of the world’s topmost convenient as well as innovative portable devices which are available today in the market. An all-ceramic heater with a full glass mouthpiece ensures a super smooth as well as thick flavorful hits of vapor emerging from the instrument.
Arizer Solo produces high quality vapor even from the coarsely ground solid in the water. The vaporizer has attracted a devout legion of followers from the vaping wing.
The portable Arizer vaporizer is available in the pallet options of brushed aluminium/black. The Solo vaporizer is equipped with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery. This can serve the user for 2.5-4 hours. It is also installed with a detachable cap in order to simplify the task of cleaning and maintenance.
The portable Arizer vaporizer has a heating unit that warms up very quickly. It is even outfitted with a removable glass wand attachment along with an extra wand. It helps the user to inhale directly as well as a glass bowl has been provided for the purpose of taking aromatherapy. This product is perfect for a spa night at home if you are suffering from cold etc.
Larger than the other portable vaporizers, the portable Arizer vaporizer appears more like a household electrical appliance. The glass tube extends out at the top. This makes it a little tough to carry it around. It is suggested that the users can remove the mouthpiece before they initiate to transport the device.
This product has been created by a Canadian vapor-expert at Arizer, the Solo Portable Arizer Vaporizer has raised the standards for mobile vaporizing in the market.
Key Features of The Solo Portable Arizer Vaporizer
- The portable Arizer vaporizer is powered by a 2200mAh lithium-ion battery
- This portable vaporizer is made up of a high-quality ceramic heating element (totally adjustable to a temperature of 210 degrees Celsius).
- The Arizer vaporizer heats up and produces steam in a time period of fewer than 2 minutes
- The portable Arizer vaporizer has easy-to-use temperature control system as well as an LED temperature indicator to let the user have ease of handling
- It has a battery life that lasts up to 4 hours
- There is a Lifetime warranty on the heater
- The portable Arizer vaporizer is equipped with an automatic shut-off feature that turns the machine off after 12 minutes
- This Arizer vaporizer can be used while it is being charged
- The company offers a 2 Year warranty on the parts and the labour
- In the vaporizer, the heating chamber has a ceramic base. The cover material of the heater is built of stainless steel and the mouthpiece is made up of glass.
- There is an LED indicator which shows the current temperature of the machine. The user has the option to choose from any of the 7 preset temperatures.
- The vaporizer comes with safety instructions since the glass diffusers can become very hot. So one needs to be careful at the time of emptying the chamber.
Pros of the Arizer Solo
- It has an LED indicator system which lets the user know the status of the power
- The seven heat settings let the user choose what is best for him
- It is designed to yield out small air-to-vapor ratio
- It has a simple two button design.
- It is outfitted with a glass-on-glass delivery system
- The instrument fits perfectly in the hands of the user
The product is user friendly and can be easily used by adults as well as kids under adults supervision.
Heat and Dry In Factories with Hot Air Ovens
The huge production factories and manufacturing units use hot air ovens extensively for heating and drying. They are growing popular and are in demand for applying heat and processing in various industries like textiles, pharmaceuticals, glass industry and bio-science industries among many. It is always advisable to consult with the leading hot air oven exporters as these are critical machinery items which deals with high temperatures and even a small ignorance might lead to a greater damage.
How does a Hot Air oven look like – A Hot air oven is an electrical equipment which dry heats various samples, based on their area of usage, with temperatures ranging from 50 to 300 degree Celsius. There is a double walled metallic cabinet which is well insulated with ceramic fiber. This can be further customized to suit the needs by the leading hot air oven manufacturers. It contains about two or more trays to place the samples to be heated. A hole is also present in the oven to allow the moisture to vent during the process.
Types – Generally there are two categories of hot air ovens available, based on the temperature required for the testing, as below:
- Forced Air Convection Oven – This is used where higher degree of heating, dry heating and drying is required. In these ovens, high performance blower or fans are fitted inside the insulated walls of the oven. It is this fan or blower which helps in a uniform level of hot air circulation throughout the hot air chamber.
- Gravity Convection Ovens – You may refer to these as the natural convections. The gravity convection ovens are used for drying of fine samples, that is, samples that might scatter with heavy flow of hot air. Hence these need lower temperatures unlike that of forced air convections and need a natural air flow to test the samples. An example where gravity ovens are required is that of powder.
How to use a Hot Air Oven – It is very simple, just plug in and turn on the temperature. It does not require any kind of special treatment or training to operate the machinery however there are some precautions which needs to be taken to ensure there is no damage to the samples before or after the process has been conducted. Below are the necessary precautions that you need to take:
- After the heating process has been applied on the sterilized samples, wait for the temperature to cool down to room temperature before taking the samples out of the tray. This is because if you are opening the door of the oven before cooled down to normal room temperature there is a possibility of the glassware cracking.
- Also, contaminated air might enter the oven through the vent and damage the sterility of the samples.
Where are Hot air ovens used – Hot air ovens have an extensive application across electricals and chemical industries, especially in the research and analysis works in the below:
- Drying purposes in textile industries
- Tablet manufacturing in Pharmaceutical industries
- material testing
- To determine the equilibrium level of moisture content in coal
- Pre-heating purposes
- Analysis of moisture content and hence removing it via strong heating
- Drying of glassware
- Warm storage
- Industrial heat processing applications
- Chemical research
Ayurvedic Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Tips for Choosing Accounting Software for Small Businesses
6 Errors with Your Makeup That Make You See Bigger
What is Autism Spectrum Disorder and its Treatment
Underfloor Heating – Interesting Guide To Warming Up Your Home
5 Reasons Why One Should Have Plantation Shutters
5 Trends About to Transform the Field Service Sector in 2018
Diesel Or Petrol Car? Which One Should You Go For?
Why Cybersecurity Important in Healthcare
Here You Come to Know What Actually Calf Pain Is
Finance2 months ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
General2 months ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
Software2 months ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
Health2 months ago
Promising A Healthy Life With Ayurvedic Franchise India