The English Cream Golden Retrievers are one of the most beautiful and gentle dogs. This breed is very popular worldwide, due to the smartness of these dogs. These golden babies are very easy to train, and are really nice to children, making them the ideal choice for an active family.
Weighing typically between 55 and 75 pounds, the male Goldens are usually larger than females. They have a dense, water-repellent coat, and are known by their rich lustrous golden coat.
The English Cream Retrievers are large dogs, and hence require a lot of attention from the pet parents to ensure that they do not become overweight. Hip and elbow dysplasia are major concerns that you, as a pet parent, will face if your Golden Retriever is not feed and exercised properly. Problems like cancer and heart problems can also develop if not taken care of.
The correct diet to keep your English Cream Golden Retriever healthy, as recommended by the National Research Council of the National Academies is an average daily calorie intake of 1740, for an active adult weighing 70 pounds.
The older dogs, or the ones which have been sprayed, require lesser calorie intakes, while the growing, younger puppies require more calories daily. It basically depends upon the level of activity and the metabolism of your dog. The more the level of activity, the more calories your cream golden retriever requires.
A rich, good quality protein is another thing that you must take care of when selecting dog food for your cream golden retriever. The recommended minimum percentage of protein by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) is 22 per cent for the growing puppies, and 18 per cent for the maintenance in adult dogs. These are general recommendations for dogs altogether. Most of the good quality dog foods exceed these percentages.
Another important source of energy for your dog is fat. Your English Cream Retriever’s diet must be 8 per cent of fat for the growing puppies, and 5 per cent for the adults. Fat adds flavour to the food, making the dog food more appealing to your dog. A good source of fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6, fats are good for the skin, coat, heart and the brain of your golden retriever.
When selecting dog food for your English Cream Golden Retriever, look out for the following features:
- A good dog food will feature a couple of meat proteins as the first several ingredients.
- Ensure that the first ingredient is not grain or any other carbohydrate.
- The dog food with meat “digests” or “by-products” are the less desirable ones.
- The premium quality dog food contains meat meals as one of the first ingredients.
- Ensure proper quality of fat, such as chicken fat. Most vitamins are also only fat-soluble. Hence it is all the more important to choose the right one.
- Fish oil in dog food is also provides with the required nutrients, and omega-3, helping to keep the skin and coat healthy.
- Avoid artificial preservatives such as BHA, BHT, and ethoxyquin.
- Also avoid artificial flavours, sweeteners and colourings in the dog food.
- For picking a puppy food, look for the one which includes the compound DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid). It helps in promoting the development of brain in puppies.
- Puppy foods must also have a proper ratio of calcium and phosphorus. The ideal ratio is 1.2:1, i.e. 1.2 parts of calcium to 1 part of phosphorous.
Ensuring that your English Cream Retriever gets all the essential nutrients is another way of ensuring that they lead a healthy, long life. Even when buying from the English cream golden retriever breeders in California, ensure that they have provided your pet-to-be with high-quality food.
Fly from Singapore to Osaka Without Hassle Today
How Technology Supports Learning Through Online Education
Ways to Motivate Employees to Accept eLearning
Romantic Dinner In Dubai
9 Tips To Create A Buzz At your Trade Booth
Is Commercial And Residential Cleaning Important?
5 Successful House Flipper Tips
Right Age to gift your Child a Smartphone
How much personal loan do top lenders offer in India 2019?
Smart ways to reduce personal loan repayment burden
Gates and Fences- Planning the Right Pick
4 Reasons You Should Sip on CBD Tea!
The Mythological Facts Behind the Festival of Lights
Digital Marketing Basics for Beginners
12 Reasons for Hiring Oven Repair Services for Excellence
What Is So Fascinating About What to Wear on Dubai Desert Safari?
Physiotherapy Provides You Better Health
Want Healthier Gums? Eat More of These Foods
What is the Impact of Entrepreneurship on The Indian Economy
DIY Jelly soap Look Amazing In Custom Boxes
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology1 year ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing11 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing10 months ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Software2 years ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business