Did you know a person’s oral health is an indicator of one’s overall health, and the absence of good oral health can have an adverse impact on the rest of the body?
While most people understand that poor dental hygiene can lead to cavities and gum disease, many are unaware of how unhealthy teeth and gums can indirectly promote other medical problems throughout the body. If you haven’t been prioritizing your oral health, here are some good reasons to start.
1) Cardiovascular disease
Studies indicate that oral health can have an indirect impact on our cardiovascular health. In some cases, periodontal disease could result in bacteria entering the bloodstream, where it may cause or exacerbate atherosclerosis (hardening of arteries)
- Respiratory infections
According to a study appearing in the Journal of Periodontology, gum disease could increase the risk of respiratory infections, such as pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Pregnancy issues
Periodontitis has been linked to low birth weight and premature birth.
- Diabetic complications
Periodontal disease can worsen symptoms of diabetes by making it more difficult for patients to control their blood sugar.
Some research has drawn a link between poor oral health and an increased risk of a particularly deadly cancer. While they don’t completely understand the relationship, researchers believe that the bacteria that cause periodontitis also play some type of role in the onset of pancreatic cancer.
What to Do
So, now that you know some of the risks of bad oral health, what should you do to make sure you’re doing everything you can to stay healthy?
Let’s start at the beginning:
1) If it’s been a while, visit your dentist. He or she can tell you how healthy your mouth really is, identify any problems, and talk you through the steps for fixing them. Shambhala dental Clinic is the best and most finest clinic in Hyderabad.
2) Don’t wait. If you have cavities, gum disease, or other issues (or you think you might), get them taken care of quickly. All these conditions can worsen over time, so it’s important to take action early.
3) Brush and floss properly.
I recommend brushing twice and flossing once each day. It’s one of the easiest ways to maintain your health.
4) Get regular professional cleanings. A thorough dental cleaning every six months gets rid off the plaque and tartar you can’t remove at home. It also helps us diagnose more serious problems early.
5) Quit smoking. I’m sure you’ve heard it before, but smoking is as detrimental to your oral health as it is to your overall health. Quitting isn’t easy, but it’s worth it.
How to Understand the True Purpose of Yoga?
How To Find The Best Yoga Teacher Training Program For You?
5 Steps to a Deeper, More Connected Yoga Practice
What are Different Kinds of Yoga Programs?
HERBAL MEDICINE FOR A MODERN WORLD
All You Need to Know About Self Storage
6 Essential Practices to Make Your Home Neat and Clean
Which Is Better for You, Transition or Progressive Lenses?
5 Effective Yoga Poses for a Healthy Heart
How to use a personal loan to pay your taxes
10 Tips For Writing The Thesis
Everything you need to know about life in New Jersey
Here’s How EMIs for Personal Loans are Calculated
5 Best Places to Live in Maryland
The Future is Now with AWS Certifications
Reasons Why Hiring a Digital Marketing Agency is Always a Good Idea
The Growing Partnership with Distribution Channels for OTAs Through API
How To Properly Maintain Your Vehicle While Exploring The Countryside
Do you have a hole in your pocket? Maybe it’s your Old Car.
6 Tips to reduce high bounce rates for your website
- Finance1 year ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Technology7 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- General1 year ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Home Improvement1 year ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing5 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- General1 year ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?