Hardwood floors are a marvel to behold. Every home that has hardwood flooring stands out unique. Not only is it very impressive to guests, but it will fetch you a handsome price should you choose to sell your home. Either way, having hardwood flooring in your home is a matter of pride.
However, if you have hardwood flooring, you also need to take care of it. These floors need regular maintenance to retain their quality feel and luxuriant sheen for decades. Ideally, you should establish a maintenance routine to ensure your hardwood floor always looks the best.
If you are wondering how exactly you can do that, here are some smart tips to help you out.
How to Create a Maintenance Routine for Your Quality Hardwood Flooring?
- When it comes to any type of quality hardwood flooring, the finish is the most important. You need to know what kind of finish your hardwood floor has. If you had them recently put in place or are in contact with the company, you can always ask. Otherwise, talk to any good carpenter and they can probably tell you that.
- Okay, now we need to create a routine. The best thing to do with hardwood floors is to clean them with a good mop around thrice a week. Ideally, you should dip the mop into a mild cleaning agent. Go for one which can help you clear the dust and does not react with the wood. Vacuum-cleaning also works but be sure not to leave scratches on your precious floors.
- If you have followed the above routine, your floors will mostly remain looking good as new. However, it is also wise to deep clean your hardwood floors every now and then. For this, you are going to need a quality cleaning agent and a mop. Make a diluted mixture, dip the mop, squeeze it till most of the water is out and then clean your quality hardwood flooring. Do this once a month and you will never need to worry about your floors again.
When you get down to it, maintaining hardwood floors is not that hard. All it requires is the right amount of dedication and care. And that’s not too difficult if you care about where you live. Now, let us tell you some important precautions for ensuring all your maintenance is worthwhile.
How to Avoid Damaging Your Quality Hardwood Flooring
All hardwood floors have one common property in them. They react badly with chemical agents. There is no quicker way of destroying beautiful hardwood floors than exposing them to chemicals. So, you need to make sure you avoid these.
When selecting a cleaning agent, take a look at its contents. These should be NO acidic or alkaline elements in it. By that, we mean no ammonia and no abrasives. Basically, anything with a PH balance tipped to any side is bad for your floors.
In addition, you should also avoid exposing your hardwood floors to all kinds of oil and paint. This can be hard if you are getting your home remodeled or having custom-made furniture put in. But you should take all precautions to avoid and minimize their impact. This is a sure way to keep your floors looking beautiful.
Lastly, you should never expose hardwood floors to excess water. In case of a spill, clean it up quickly! Also, tell the person who is mopping to squeeze the mop till it is only slightly damp. Doing so will give you the best results.
Quality hardwood flooring is wonderful. But be sure to care for them diligently. Remember – quality always comes at a price!
Why visiting Bali should be in your Bucket list?
A guide into how Root Canal is done
Tour packages for Sikkim
Factors to be considered before WordPress theme for your Website or Blog
Reasons Why PHP is Getting Popular Among Web Developers
Follow some awesome way to recite the Quran
7 Ways to Speed Up Internet Real Fast
Make a statement with your home: Avail a personal loan for home improvement
How to use WooCommerce in your online store?
Moving to Miami Dade County
The Future is Now with AWS Certifications
7 Celebrities Who Are Huge Fans of Theme Parks
The top 5 tips for maintaining your tyres
Things to Consider When Hiring a Home Renovation Company
5 Best Meal Prep Recipes For Weight Loss
6 Clues You’re Not Hitting The Mark With Your Marketing
Know The Importance Of Door Locks
A Wheel Upgrade: Your Guide to Choosing And Using The Right Furniture Casters
How To Make Your Home More Comfortable
Landscape Logo Design Is The Image Creator For The Lawn Service Providing Companies
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance1 year ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology8 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- General1 year ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing6 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- General1 year ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?