Diabetes has been one of the most common illnesses of people worldwide. It is a disease in which your blood sugar levels are too high. Your blood sugar comes from different kinds of food that you eat. Insulin is a hormone that helps the glucose get into your cells to give them energy.
There are two types of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes, is when your body does not make insulin. Type 2, which is more common, your body does not make or use insulin well. Without enough insulin, the glucose stays in your blood which can also result in a prediabetes stage. This means that your blood sugar is higher than normal but not high enough to be called diabetes. Having prediabetes puts you at a higher risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
Eventually, having too much glucose in your blood can cause serious problems. It can damage other internal organs like kidneys and can lead to major heart diseases. Pregnant women can also get diabetes, called gestational diabetes.
Diabetes can be treated and avoided with diet, physical activity, medication, and regular screening. Several foods and supplements are also tested, studied and used as alternative treatments for type 1 & 2 diabetes. The following list can help you fight and avoid the consequences of this startling illness.
● Carob Pods or Ceratonia Siliqua – is a flowering evergreen tree or shrub in the pea family. It is widely cultivated for its edible pods. The carob tree is native to the Mediterranean region. The ripe, dried, and the sometimes toasted pod is often ground into carob powder, which is sometimes used to replace cocoa powder. Carob bars, an alternative to chocolate bars, as well as carob treats and supplements, are often available in health stores. Carob pods are naturally sweet, not bitter, and contain no theobromine or caffeine. Even with its sweetness, scientific studies have shown that carob has a low glycemic index and is, therefore, suitable for a diabetic. Besides having good control of sugar it is also a good source of micronutrients and antioxidants. You can check “discount glucosmart Lorna vanderhaeghe” for more info.
● Chia Seeds – are amazing food for diabetic patients. They’re extremely high in fiber, yet low in digestible carbs. It may help you achieve a healthy weight because fiber reduces hunger and makes you feel full. In addition, fiber can decrease the number of calories you absorb from other foods you eat. Chia seeds are also effective in reducing blood pressure and other inflammatory factors.
● Turmeric –contains curcumin, which may reduce blood sugar levels and inflammation, while protecting against heart and kidney disease. Curcumin appears to benefit kidney health in diabetics, thus it is important to also include this on your diet because diabetes is one causes of kidney diseases.
● Broccoli – is one of the most nutritious vegetables around the globe. Scientific research in diabetics has found that broccoli may help lower insulin levels and protect cells from harmful free radicals produced during metabolism.
● Extra virgin olive oil – is very helpful for achieving good heart health. It contains oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat that has been shown to improve triglycerides and HDL, which are often at high levels in type 2 diabetes. Olive oil also has antioxidants called polyphenols. They reduce inflammation, protect the cell lining in your blood vessels, keep your LDL cholesterol from becoming damaged by oxidation and decrease blood pressure.
● Apple cider vinegar – is the most famous type of vinegar when it comes to natural health. It is claimed to have hundreds of benefits, many of which are supported by science. This includes weight loss, reduced cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels and improved symptoms of diabetes.
● Squash – is not your ordinary food, it is one of the healthiest vegetables around. Like most vegetables, squash contains beneficial antioxidants. Pure squash extract has also reported reductions in obesity and insulin levels.
● Leafy greens – these vegetables are super nutritious and low in calories. They are also very low in digestible carbs, which raise your blood sugar levels. Lettuce, spinach, cabbage, bok choy, and other leafy greens are good sources of several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C.
● Citrus fruit – it is proven that citrus fruits, such as oranges, grapefruits, and lemons, have antidiabetic effects. Not only being an antioxidant. It contains a lot of nutrients like vitamin C, folate and potassium. Including it regularly on our diet will help you improve not only your metabolism but also your immunity against other common diseases.
● Probiotic drink – It is suggested that consuming probiotic foods may reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, as well as increase insulin sensitivity. Other studies have indicated that probiotics can lower glucose and insulin levels in those with diabetes. Lactobacillus acidophilus and L. casei improved glucose tolerance and hyperglycemia (high blood sugar). It is usually taken alone or mixed with your favorite fruit shake and oats.
Are Dentists Doctors? We asked a Dentist
8 Awesome Design Cars that You Can’t-Miss to See
How Kids Can Learn Modern Greek Quickly Through Online Marketing Courses?
Why Flexible LED screens for Stage are important for Concerts?
Top 5 Industries for which Cloud-Based Phone System is Important
4 Crucial To Build A Profitable Food Delivery Business
Top 7 Smart Fridges to Consider in 2019 [Buyer’s Guide]
How to Redirect Users to a Random Post in WordPress?
What are the Job Responsibilities of Concreters?
Everyone’s talking about AI, but nobody’s talking about building apps for it!
How To Build up More Efficiently New Blog
Factors to be considered before WordPress theme for your Website or Blog
Trending Sleeve Designs and Patterns For Kurtis
Importance of Color Psychology in Digital Marketing
Confused regarding the best kind of flooring for your house? This short guide will help you select the best one
9 Steps For Effective Advertising On Youtube
Step-by-step guide on how to install a turbocharger in your car!
All you need to know about teeth whitening
Era of Revolution in Digital Marketing
How Roof Restoration Helps You Sell Your House?
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance1 year ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology9 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- General1 year ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing7 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- General1 year ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?