Diabetes has been one of the most common illnesses of people worldwide. It is a disease in which your blood sugar levels are too high. Your blood sugar comes from different kinds of food that you eat. Insulin is a hormone that helps the glucose get into your cells to give them energy.
There are two types of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes, is when your body does not make insulin. Type 2, which is more common, your body does not make or use insulin well. Without enough insulin, the glucose stays in your blood which can also result in a prediabetes stage. This means that your blood sugar is higher than normal but not high enough to be called diabetes. Having prediabetes puts you at a higher risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
Eventually, having too much glucose in your blood can cause serious problems. It can damage other internal organs like kidneys and can lead to major heart diseases. Pregnant women can also get diabetes, called gestational diabetes.
Diabetes can be treated and avoided with diet, physical activity, medication, and regular screening. Several foods and supplements are also tested, studied and used as alternative treatments for type 1 & 2 diabetes. The following list can help you fight and avoid the consequences of this startling illness.
● Carob Pods or Ceratonia Siliqua – is a flowering evergreen tree or shrub in the pea family. It is widely cultivated for its edible pods. The carob tree is native to the Mediterranean region. The ripe, dried, and the sometimes toasted pod is often ground into carob powder, which is sometimes used to replace cocoa powder. Carob bars, an alternative to chocolate bars, as well as carob treats and supplements, are often available in health stores. Carob pods are naturally sweet, not bitter, and contain no theobromine or caffeine. Even with its sweetness, scientific studies have shown that carob has a low glycemic index and is, therefore, suitable for a diabetic. Besides having good control of sugar it is also a good source of micronutrients and antioxidants. You can check “discount glucosmart Lorna vanderhaeghe” for more info.
● Chia Seeds – are amazing food for diabetic patients. They’re extremely high in fiber, yet low in digestible carbs. It may help you achieve a healthy weight because fiber reduces hunger and makes you feel full. In addition, fiber can decrease the number of calories you absorb from other foods you eat. Chia seeds are also effective in reducing blood pressure and other inflammatory factors.
● Turmeric –contains curcumin, which may reduce blood sugar levels and inflammation, while protecting against heart and kidney disease. Curcumin appears to benefit kidney health in diabetics, thus it is important to also include this on your diet because diabetes is one causes of kidney diseases.
● Broccoli – is one of the most nutritious vegetables around the globe. Scientific research in diabetics has found that broccoli may help lower insulin levels and protect cells from harmful free radicals produced during metabolism.
● Extra virgin olive oil – is very helpful for achieving good heart health. It contains oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat that has been shown to improve triglycerides and HDL, which are often at high levels in type 2 diabetes. Olive oil also has antioxidants called polyphenols. They reduce inflammation, protect the cell lining in your blood vessels, keep your LDL cholesterol from becoming damaged by oxidation and decrease blood pressure.
● Apple cider vinegar – is the most famous type of vinegar when it comes to natural health. It is claimed to have hundreds of benefits, many of which are supported by science. This includes weight loss, reduced cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels and improved symptoms of diabetes.
● Squash – is not your ordinary food, it is one of the healthiest vegetables around. Like most vegetables, squash contains beneficial antioxidants. Pure squash extract has also reported reductions in obesity and insulin levels.
● Leafy greens – these vegetables are super nutritious and low in calories. They are also very low in digestible carbs, which raise your blood sugar levels. Lettuce, spinach, cabbage, bok choy, and other leafy greens are good sources of several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C.
● Citrus fruit – it is proven that citrus fruits, such as oranges, grapefruits, and lemons, have antidiabetic effects. Not only being an antioxidant. It contains a lot of nutrients like vitamin C, folate and potassium. Including it regularly on our diet will help you improve not only your metabolism but also your immunity against other common diseases.
● Probiotic drink – It is suggested that consuming probiotic foods may reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, as well as increase insulin sensitivity. Other studies have indicated that probiotics can lower glucose and insulin levels in those with diabetes. Lactobacillus acidophilus and L. casei improved glucose tolerance and hyperglycemia (high blood sugar). It is usually taken alone or mixed with your favorite fruit shake and oats.
10 Gifts for Birthday Everyone Will Love
Virtual Birthday Themes for Kids Birthdays
Which factors attract an audience towards freelancing platforms?
Drinking tea may improve your health – here’s what to try
Technical Things to Take Care for Your Vehicle
Celebrate Name Day With The Beautiful Flower Arrangement
Common Mistakes Businesses Make with Email Campaigns
How to Choose Best Internet Router for Home?
8 Tips to Optimize Your Social Media to Boost SEO
Take Benefit of Machine Service Scheduling during COVID-19
Planning a New Post-Lockdown Lifestyle: A Guide
How to Prove You Are A Socially Responsible Company
Everything You Should Know About Dyslexia
7 Healthy Facts About Magic Mushroom Tea
7 Things You Should Know About Invisalign
Effective Email Marketing to boost your eCommerce sales
Should I think about taking part in a clinical trial?
Must-Have Features of an Education App
DIY Tips to Build a Digital Weighing Scale
How VPS Hosting Meet Real Business Needs?
Home Improvement3 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
Technology2 years ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
Home Improvement3 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
Digital Marketing2 years ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
How To2 years ago
Guilty of Making These Blunders While Designing Posters?
Digital Marketing2 years ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide