Finding the right curling iron for you is not as easy as you’d expect. For the non-curler can’t you just pop into a store and pick up any old curling iron; aren’t they all the same? There’s no such thing as a universal iron that works on every mane. And why would there be, if clothing sizes are open to interpretation – UK vs US or brand-to-brand size 6 differences – then why wouldn’t a curling iron have a similar fate?!
Don’t worry your pretty little head, we got your back girl! Here’s a reference guide to finding your perfect curling wand!
Choosing the Right Curling Iron for Your Hair
Get to know how curling irons are made so that you can hit the curler section with confidence and buy what’s right for your hairs styling needs!
Curling Iron Material: Oh yes, there are three different materials in play and they all offer your luscious locks something special.
- Ceramic: Is most likely to wear the Miss Universe sash, as it’s the most recommended curler for any hair type. Here’s why.
- Most affordable,
- Far infrared heat means this sucker heats up fast,
- Uses negative ions for frizz free, smooth and shiny results,
- Locks in moistures so hair won’t singe,
- Kicks frizz with consistent even heat, and
- Gentle enough to use daily and on damaged hair.
- Tourmaline: Is ceramic’s big sister, offering many of the same attributes – negative ion and infrared technologies for fast heating and shiny hair! The main difference is it’s quite lightweight and pumps out softer curls. And works on medium-super thick hair as well as damaged, curly or frizzy hair types.
- Titanium: A costly curler is preferred by professionals for its lightweight, even heating (although it clocks some high temperatures) to produce a sweet bouncy curl. Suitable for thick, coarse or damaged tresses.
Type of Curler: For the love of curls, more choices when it comes to what type of curling iron you can buy – iron, wand or double-barreled what?
- Iron with clip: The classic curler for uniform ringlets that can be used by any hair type.
- Clipless wand: For advanced users that want that bouncy beachy vibe.
- Marcel wand: For professional use on any hair type to create any curl variety.
- Bubble wand: For beginners to achieve that beach look – for anyone.
- Double-barrel iron: For more seasoned users for that wavy textured look.
- Conical iron: Easy to use from soft to tight ringlets.
- Interchangeable: Super simple for every hair and curl type given it has changeable heads!
Barrel Size Matters: Depending on the curl type your seeking or on your hairs length, the size of your iron matters.
- ⅜ and ½ inch: Is best for short hair styles and is mostly used for creating extreme curls.
- ⅝ and ¾ inch: For medium length hair looking for springy spirals!
- 1 inch: For any hair length and any curl type.
- 1 ¼ inch: Medium-long locks seeking any curl variety.
- 1 ½, 1 ¾ and 2 inches: For long hair types after the artfully tousled waves.
Temperature: You want to pair up with an iron that indicates how hot it gets because temperature control will prevent unnecessary damage!
- Thin or damaged hair, stay under 150 degrees celsius.
- Fine or permed, under 170
- Normal keep to max 200
- Strong or unruly no more than 240.
Here’s to the Perfect Curl!
Who would’ve known there’s a science to achieving the perfect curl? Luckily this reference guide can help you navigate the curling iron section until you find the product best for you!
How to Understand the True Purpose of Yoga?
How To Find The Best Yoga Teacher Training Program For You?
5 Steps to a Deeper, More Connected Yoga Practice
What are Different Kinds of Yoga Programs?
HERBAL MEDICINE FOR A MODERN WORLD
All You Need to Know About Self Storage
6 Essential Practices to Make Your Home Neat and Clean
Which Is Better for You, Transition or Progressive Lenses?
5 Effective Yoga Poses for a Healthy Heart
How to use a personal loan to pay your taxes
10 Tips For Writing The Thesis
Everything you need to know about life in New Jersey
Here’s How EMIs for Personal Loans are Calculated
5 Best Places to Live in Maryland
The Future is Now with AWS Certifications
Reasons Why Hiring a Digital Marketing Agency is Always a Good Idea
The Growing Partnership with Distribution Channels for OTAs Through API
How To Properly Maintain Your Vehicle While Exploring The Countryside
Do you have a hole in your pocket? Maybe it’s your Old Car.
6 Tips to reduce high bounce rates for your website
- Finance1 year ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Technology7 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- General1 year ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Home Improvement1 year ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing5 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- General1 year ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?