Finding the right curling iron for you is not as easy as you’d expect. For the non-curler can’t you just pop into a store and pick up any old curling iron; aren’t they all the same? There’s no such thing as a universal iron that works on every mane. And why would there be, if clothing sizes are open to interpretation – UK vs US or brand-to-brand size 6 differences – then why wouldn’t a curling iron have a similar fate?!
Don’t worry your pretty little head, we got your back girl! Here’s a reference guide to finding your perfect curling wand!
Choosing the Right Curling Iron for Your Hair
Get to know how curling irons are made so that you can hit the curler section with confidence and buy what’s right for your hairs styling needs!
Curling Iron Material: Oh yes, there are three different materials in play and they all offer your luscious locks something special.
- Ceramic: Is most likely to wear the Miss Universe sash, as it’s the most recommended curler for any hair type. Here’s why.
- Most affordable,
- Far infrared heat means this sucker heats up fast,
- Uses negative ions for frizz free, smooth and shiny results,
- Locks in moistures so hair won’t singe,
- Kicks frizz with consistent even heat, and
- Gentle enough to use daily and on damaged hair.
- Tourmaline: Is ceramic’s big sister, offering many of the same attributes – negative ion and infrared technologies for fast heating and shiny hair! The main difference is it’s quite lightweight and pumps out softer curls. And works on medium-super thick hair as well as damaged, curly or frizzy hair types.
- Titanium: A costly curler is preferred by professionals for its lightweight, even heating (although it clocks some high temperatures) to produce a sweet bouncy curl. Suitable for thick, coarse or damaged tresses.
Type of Curler: For the love of curls, more choices when it comes to what type of curling iron you can buy – iron, wand or double-barreled what?
- Iron with clip: The classic curler for uniform ringlets that can be used by any hair type.
- Clipless wand: For advanced users that want that bouncy beachy vibe.
- Marcel wand: For professional use on any hair type to create any curl variety.
- Bubble wand: For beginners to achieve that beach look – for anyone.
- Double-barrel iron: For more seasoned users for that wavy textured look.
- Conical iron: Easy to use from soft to tight ringlets.
- Interchangeable: Super simple for every hair and curl type given it has changeable heads!
Barrel Size Matters: Depending on the curl type your seeking or on your hairs length, the size of your iron matters.
- ⅜ and ½ inch: Is best for short hair styles and is mostly used for creating extreme curls.
- ⅝ and ¾ inch: For medium length hair looking for springy spirals!
- 1 inch: For any hair length and any curl type.
- 1 ¼ inch: Medium-long locks seeking any curl variety.
- 1 ½, 1 ¾ and 2 inches: For long hair types after the artfully tousled waves.
Temperature: You want to pair up with an iron that indicates how hot it gets because temperature control will prevent unnecessary damage!
- Thin or damaged hair, stay under 150 degrees celsius.
- Fine or permed, under 170
- Normal keep to max 200
- Strong or unruly no more than 240.
Here’s to the Perfect Curl!
Who would’ve known there’s a science to achieving the perfect curl? Luckily this reference guide can help you navigate the curling iron section until you find the product best for you!
How to Find Packaging For Your Food Product
Ways credit score can affect your chances of getting a loan
Top 9 HR Trends for 2019
Are Dentists Doctors? We asked a Dentist
8 Awesome Design Cars that You Can’t-Miss to See
How Kids Can Learn Modern Greek Quickly Through Online Marketing Courses?
Why Flexible LED screens for Stage are important for Concerts?
Top 5 Industries for which Cloud-Based Phone System is Important
4 Crucial To Build A Profitable Food Delivery Business
Top 7 Smart Fridges to Consider in 2019 [Buyer’s Guide]
How To Build up More Efficiently New Blog
Factors to be considered before WordPress theme for your Website or Blog
Confused regarding the best kind of flooring for your house? This short guide will help you select the best one
Step-by-step guide on how to install a turbocharger in your car!
All you need to know about teeth whitening
Era of Revolution in Digital Marketing
How Roof Restoration Helps You Sell Your House?
Everything you should know about the weather in Hawaii
Trending Designs in Men’s Bracelet and Band Segments
All You Need To Know About Green Tea
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance1 year ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology9 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- General1 year ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing7 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- General1 year ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?