Finding the right curling iron for you is not as easy as you’d expect. For the non-curler can’t you just pop into a store and pick up any old curling iron; aren’t they all the same? There’s no such thing as a universal iron that works on every mane. And why would there be, if clothing sizes are open to interpretation – UK vs US or brand-to-brand size 6 differences – then why wouldn’t a curling iron have a similar fate?!
Don’t worry your pretty little head, we got your back girl! Here’s a reference guide to finding your perfect curling wand!
Choosing the Right Curling Iron for Your Hair
Get to know how curling irons are made so that you can hit the curler section with confidence and buy what’s right for your hairs styling needs!
Curling Iron Material: Oh yes, there are three different materials in play and they all offer your luscious locks something special.
- Ceramic: Is most likely to wear the Miss Universe sash, as it’s the most recommended curler for any hair type. Here’s why.
- Most affordable,
- Far infrared heat means this sucker heats up fast,
- Uses negative ions for frizz free, smooth and shiny results,
- Locks in moistures so hair won’t singe,
- Kicks frizz with consistent even heat, and
- Gentle enough to use daily and on damaged hair.
- Tourmaline: Is ceramic’s big sister, offering many of the same attributes – negative ion and infrared technologies for fast heating and shiny hair! The main difference is it’s quite lightweight and pumps out softer curls. And works on medium-super thick hair as well as damaged, curly or frizzy hair types.
- Titanium: A costly curler is preferred by professionals for its lightweight, even heating (although it clocks some high temperatures) to produce a sweet bouncy curl. Suitable for thick, coarse or damaged tresses.
Type of Curler: For the love of curls, more choices when it comes to what type of curling iron you can buy – iron, wand or double-barreled what?
- Iron with clip: The classic curler for uniform ringlets that can be used by any hair type.
- Clipless wand: For advanced users that want that bouncy beachy vibe.
- Marcel wand: For professional use on any hair type to create any curl variety.
- Bubble wand: For beginners to achieve that beach look – for anyone.
- Double-barrel iron: For more seasoned users for that wavy textured look.
- Conical iron: Easy to use from soft to tight ringlets.
- Interchangeable: Super simple for every hair and curl type given it has changeable heads!
Barrel Size Matters: Depending on the curl type your seeking or on your hairs length, the size of your iron matters.
- ⅜ and ½ inch: Is best for short hair styles and is mostly used for creating extreme curls.
- ⅝ and ¾ inch: For medium length hair looking for springy spirals!
- 1 inch: For any hair length and any curl type.
- 1 ¼ inch: Medium-long locks seeking any curl variety.
- 1 ½, 1 ¾ and 2 inches: For long hair types after the artfully tousled waves.
Temperature: You want to pair up with an iron that indicates how hot it gets because temperature control will prevent unnecessary damage!
- Thin or damaged hair, stay under 150 degrees celsius.
- Fine or permed, under 170
- Normal keep to max 200
- Strong or unruly no more than 240.
Here’s to the Perfect Curl!
Who would’ve known there’s a science to achieving the perfect curl? Luckily this reference guide can help you navigate the curling iron section until you find the product best for you!
Fly from Singapore to Osaka Without Hassle Today
How Technology Supports Learning Through Online Education
Ways to Motivate Employees to Accept eLearning
Romantic Dinner In Dubai
9 Tips To Create A Buzz At your Trade Booth
Is Commercial And Residential Cleaning Important?
5 Successful House Flipper Tips
Right Age to gift your Child a Smartphone
How much personal loan do top lenders offer in India 2019?
Smart ways to reduce personal loan repayment burden
Gates and Fences- Planning the Right Pick
4 Reasons Why Bajaj Qute Will Replace the Auto Rickshaw
The Advantages of Guest Posting Services for Site Owners
4 Reasons You Should Sip on CBD Tea!
12 Reasons for Hiring Oven Repair Services for Excellence
Digital Marketing Basics for Beginners
How can asthma put your heart disease at risk?
The Mythological Facts Behind the Festival of Lights
Enjoy the best family winter sun holiday in Dubai
What Is So Fascinating About What to Wear on Dubai Desert Safari?
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology1 year ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing11 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing10 months ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Software2 years ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business