Finding the right curling iron for you is not as easy as you’d expect. For the non-curler can’t you just pop into a store and pick up any old curling iron; aren’t they all the same? There’s no such thing as a universal iron that works on every mane. And why would there be, if clothing sizes are open to interpretation – UK vs US or brand-to-brand size 6 differences – then why wouldn’t a curling iron have a similar fate?!
Don’t worry your pretty little head, we got your back girl! Here’s a reference guide to finding your perfect curling wand!
Choosing the Right Curling Iron for Your Hair
Get to know how curling irons are made so that you can hit the curler section with confidence and buy what’s right for your hairs styling needs!
Curling Iron Material: Oh yes, there are three different materials in play and they all offer your luscious locks something special.
- Ceramic: Is most likely to wear the Miss Universe sash, as it’s the most recommended curler for any hair type. Here’s why.
- Most affordable,
- Far infrared heat means this sucker heats up fast,
- Uses negative ions for frizz free, smooth and shiny results,
- Locks in moistures so hair won’t singe,
- Kicks frizz with consistent even heat, and
- Gentle enough to use daily and on damaged hair.
- Tourmaline: Is ceramic’s big sister, offering many of the same attributes – negative ion and infrared technologies for fast heating and shiny hair! The main difference is it’s quite lightweight and pumps out softer curls. And works on medium-super thick hair as well as damaged, curly or frizzy hair types.
- Titanium: A costly curler is preferred by professionals for its lightweight, even heating (although it clocks some high temperatures) to produce a sweet bouncy curl. Suitable for thick, coarse or damaged tresses.
Type of Curler: For the love of curls, more choices when it comes to what type of curling iron you can buy – iron, wand or double-barreled what?
- Iron with clip: The classic curler for uniform ringlets that can be used by any hair type.
- Clipless wand: For advanced users that want that bouncy beachy vibe.
- Marcel wand: For professional use on any hair type to create any curl variety.
- Bubble wand: For beginners to achieve that beach look – for anyone.
- Double-barrel iron: For more seasoned users for that wavy textured look.
- Conical iron: Easy to use from soft to tight ringlets.
- Interchangeable: Super simple for every hair and curl type given it has changeable heads!
Barrel Size Matters: Depending on the curl type your seeking or on your hairs length, the size of your iron matters.
- ⅜ and ½ inch: Is best for short hair styles and is mostly used for creating extreme curls.
- ⅝ and ¾ inch: For medium length hair looking for springy spirals!
- 1 inch: For any hair length and any curl type.
- 1 ¼ inch: Medium-long locks seeking any curl variety.
- 1 ½, 1 ¾ and 2 inches: For long hair types after the artfully tousled waves.
Temperature: You want to pair up with an iron that indicates how hot it gets because temperature control will prevent unnecessary damage!
- Thin or damaged hair, stay under 150 degrees celsius.
- Fine or permed, under 170
- Normal keep to max 200
- Strong or unruly no more than 240.
Here’s to the Perfect Curl!
Who would’ve known there’s a science to achieving the perfect curl? Luckily this reference guide can help you navigate the curling iron section until you find the product best for you!
Is WooCommerce Scalable for running B2B Wholesale Store operations smoothly?
The Future of Fuel Technology – What Will Power Next-Generation Cars?
3 Things That Can Help You Manage Your Stress
What are the Reasons to Opt for Online Mobile Recharge Apps
Effective Email Marketing to boost your eCommerce sales
The 5 Best Materials for Commercial Roofs
6 WAYS YOU CAN MAKE YOUR MONEY ONLINE
What Is The Best Way To Set Your Alarm
Simple And Effective Tips To Grow Your Business To Grow From Scratch
Top 5 tips and Tricks every Unity developer should know
Planning a New Post-Lockdown Lifestyle: A Guide
Why Bespoke Kitchen Design is the Latest Favourite of the Modern Homeowners?
A Complete guide about Renewing Bike Insurance Online
How to Earn Money on YouTube in 2020 – Complete Guide
8 Key Points To Consider While Starting a Travel Company
Everything You Should Know About Dyslexia
7 Perilous Apps For Kids That All Parents Should Know About
How to Prove You Are A Socially Responsible Company
8 Benefits of Effective Car Maintenance
What Is Malocclusion and How to Treat It
Home Improvement3 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
Technology2 years ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
Home Improvement3 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
Digital Marketing2 years ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
How To2 years ago
Guilty of Making These Blunders While Designing Posters?
Digital Marketing1 year ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide