What do you mean by the term ‘interoperability’? Well, it is an ability of one system to interact with another system. This interaction is between two different systems or two different applications altogether. People often confuse interoperability with integration, portability and compatibility but there are differences between all these techniques.
Interoperability testing is defined as a testing whether a given software program or technology is compatible with others and promotes cross-use functionality. This kind of testing is very significant as many different kinds of technology are being transformed into architectures made up of different parts, where smooth operation is crucial for developing a user base.
Because of the many benefits offered by this testing, it has turned out to be one of the most used software testing and it verifies whether the application is compatible with other application or not and also ensures if the application supports the cross usage functionality.
- Interoperability Testing comprises of syntax of the program, format of the data, physical sufficiency, and logical connection method to allow the user to use it easily.
- It should be so stable that it should route the data back and forth without having any issue like losing the data or any other problem in the functioning of the application.
- Should be built in such a way that it should support and recognize all the data coming and going from the other software or application
- Capable of handling stress in the architecture role.
- Provides proper accessibility
- Interoperability testing is also utilized in the field of medicines by transferring patient records from one office to other. Therefore, records will get digitized and tested on a regular basis.
What is the Importance of Interoperability Testing?
The requirement and significance of interoperability has witnessed an upswing nowadays, as different software products with different architectures are being created using the latest technologies. As these architectures come in various types, it eventually spiked up the requirement of interoperability testing and developing a strong base for the end users. Following are the factors that make interoperability testing indispensable:
- Interoperability testing makes sure that the software products deliver their expected pattern independently.
- Enables exchange of information without any prior notice
- Allows different systems to exchange information or any crucial data, without interrupting the expected pattern of the individual systems.
- It also enables exchange of information without being modified or manipulated
- Prevents data loss, undependable performance and operation
- Comes with low maintainability
How to do Interoperability Testing?
The complete process of interoperability testing comprises of the following steps:
Step 1: Launch the Project
- Define formalize statement of work and set up project management infrastructure.
Step 2: Set up test lab
- Ensure all the required skill and automation tools are all set for the test activities
- Use of automation tools for minimizing test cases and re-use test cases
- Maintain a database of configuration files
- Record and analyze metrics for project
Step 3: Develop test plan
- Write the test plan
- Define the test cases and procedures
- Set up essential monitoring equipment for maintaining test logs
Step 4: Execute the test plan
- Execute test cases
- Work with the test team to identify the root cause of failure
Step 5: Document Results
- Use test logs to record the implementation notes
Step 6: Free up resources and determine performance on the project
- Utilizing automation tools to examine the test results
Whether it is the matter of public safety or any other government departments, there is not even a single industry left untouched by this testing. Therefore in short, interoperability is must for the very success of a software product.
Fixed Deposit For Senior Citizen: A Way To Hustle Free Retirement.
5 Ways To Make Whiskey and Food a Good Combination While Day Tripping
10 Best Paid ThemesTo Use For Websites in 2020!
Using a Learning Management System to Get Ahead at Work
Reshaping Data Security with Artificial Intelligence
Why Custom Cereal Boxes are The Best Packaging Solution for Food Items
Essential Features Every Healthcare App Should Have
Digital Marketing Basics for Beginners
What is the perfect diet for your English cream Golden Retriever?
What To Pack When First Moving
How to Buy Mobiles on No Cost EMI From Flipkart
3 Common Ways to Sell A Car If You Are A First-Time Seller
The need of Transactions Advisory Services
Get Detail Information about Aqua Water Purifier Features and Advantages
Why Do People Like To Get Tattoos? Reasons And Types:
Learn How to Become a WordPress Developer
Fun things to do when visiting Allen, TX
Neurologist: Why & When Do You Need One?
9 Instagram Marketing Tips Every Marketer Should Keep in Mind
All You Need To Know About Home Infestation
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology11 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing9 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- General2 years ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?