What do you mean by the term ‘interoperability’? Well, it is an ability of one system to interact with another system. This interaction is between two different systems or two different applications altogether. People often confuse interoperability with integration, portability and compatibility but there are differences between all these techniques.
Interoperability testing is defined as a testing whether a given software program or technology is compatible with others and promotes cross-use functionality. This kind of testing is very significant as many different kinds of technology are being transformed into architectures made up of different parts, where smooth operation is crucial for developing a user base.
Because of the many benefits offered by this testing, it has turned out to be one of the most used software testing and it verifies whether the application is compatible with other application or not and also ensures if the application supports the cross usage functionality.
- Interoperability Testing comprises of syntax of the program, format of the data, physical sufficiency, and logical connection method to allow the user to use it easily.
- It should be so stable that it should route the data back and forth without having any issue like losing the data or any other problem in the functioning of the application.
- Should be built in such a way that it should support and recognize all the data coming and going from the other software or application
- Capable of handling stress in the architecture role.
- Provides proper accessibility
- Interoperability testing is also utilized in the field of medicines by transferring patient records from one office to other. Therefore, records will get digitized and tested on a regular basis.
What is the Importance of Interoperability Testing?
The requirement and significance of interoperability has witnessed an upswing nowadays, as different software products with different architectures are being created using the latest technologies. As these architectures come in various types, it eventually spiked up the requirement of interoperability testing and developing a strong base for the end users. Following are the factors that make interoperability testing indispensable:
- Interoperability testing makes sure that the software products deliver their expected pattern independently.
- Enables exchange of information without any prior notice
- Allows different systems to exchange information or any crucial data, without interrupting the expected pattern of the individual systems.
- It also enables exchange of information without being modified or manipulated
- Prevents data loss, undependable performance and operation
- Comes with low maintainability
How to do Interoperability Testing?
The complete process of interoperability testing comprises of the following steps:
Step 1: Launch the Project
- Define formalize statement of work and set up project management infrastructure.
Step 2: Set up test lab
- Ensure all the required skill and automation tools are all set for the test activities
- Use of automation tools for minimizing test cases and re-use test cases
- Maintain a database of configuration files
- Record and analyze metrics for project
Step 3: Develop test plan
- Write the test plan
- Define the test cases and procedures
- Set up essential monitoring equipment for maintaining test logs
Step 4: Execute the test plan
- Execute test cases
- Work with the test team to identify the root cause of failure
Step 5: Document Results
- Use test logs to record the implementation notes
Step 6: Free up resources and determine performance on the project
- Utilizing automation tools to examine the test results
Whether it is the matter of public safety or any other government departments, there is not even a single industry left untouched by this testing. Therefore in short, interoperability is must for the very success of a software product.
Make the Perfect Cup of Coffee at Home
How to Find Packaging For Your Food Product
Ways credit score can affect your chances of getting a loan
Top 9 HR Trends for 2019
Are Dentists Doctors? We asked a Dentist
8 Awesome Design Cars that You Can’t-Miss to See
How Kids Can Learn Modern Greek Quickly Through Online Marketing Courses?
Why Flexible LED screens for Stage are important for Concerts?
Top 5 Industries for which Cloud-Based Phone System is Important
4 Crucial To Build A Profitable Food Delivery Business
How To Build up More Efficiently New Blog
Factors to be considered before WordPress theme for your Website or Blog
Confused regarding the best kind of flooring for your house? This short guide will help you select the best one
Step-by-step guide on how to install a turbocharger in your car!
All you need to know about teeth whitening
Era of Revolution in Digital Marketing
How Roof Restoration Helps You Sell Your House?
Everything you should know about the weather in Hawaii
Trending Designs in Men’s Bracelet and Band Segments
All You Need To Know About Green Tea
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance1 year ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology9 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- General1 year ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing7 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- General1 year ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?