Other than that hole in the wall, mice can seek shelter inside your home appliances. And when they do, they cause extensive damage to your electrical devices to the point that you can no longer use them.
The electrical and thermal insulation of appliances has the right texture, making it irresistible to the gnawing instincts of mice. What’s worse, wires can end up sparking and cause fire once exposed due to the mice chewing on the sheath and water coming in contact with them.
So before you lose your appliances to these vermin, taking the first step through regular mice control is essential.
How do mice infiltrate your home?
You may not be aware of it, but there are holes outside your house which welcome mice inside.
Some mice can even manage to enter a hole much smaller than a quarter. They crawl through these holes, then make their way to your appliances and turn these into their own living quarters.
If you want to know if mice have already found their way inside your home, below are the telltale signs.
- Scratching and scurrying noise at night when everyone is asleep.
- Bite marks on food packaging or containers and other leftover food.
- Traces of mouse feces or droppings near food sources and in warm, dark places such as the attic or cabinets
The most alarming thing about mice is that they can multiply fast. Six mice can quickly turn into 50-60 mice in 90 days. So once you’re certain that mice have already entered your home, make sure to remove them immediately before it becomes a full-blown infestation.
Here’s how you can keep mice out of your property for good:
1. Block all entry points
Identify all access points which mice can get through. Mice are good climbers so begin at ground level then search for alternate access routes like phone wires.
For effective mice exclusion, consider these tips:
- Close all holes in interior and exterior walls.
- Cover the chimney.
- Install self-closing mechanisms in doors you frequently use.
- Openings should be no bigger than ¼ inch, especially near windows and doors.
- Eliminate gaps under your garage door by installing rubber sweep seals.
- Make sure seals around vents, holes, and pipes are tight.
- Hide or consolidate cords, wires and cables using clips or concealed surge tubes, protectors, or conduits.
Monitor sealed holes and old entry points from time to time to ensure that mice are not chewing through them.
2. Store food items properly
Like any animal trying to survive, these rodents are also attracted to the smell of food, and as long as there is food and water lying around, mice will continue to thrive in your home.
Every time you cook, prepare, or eat food, do the following:
- If you have crumbs or spills around your appliances, make sure to clean these thoroughly with a sponge or rag dipped in warm, soapy water.
- Sweep the floor frequently.
- Move your appliances away from the walls to deep clean spaces around and behind them.
- Store opened food items properly in secure containers and don’t just leave them on the table.
- Don’t let water remain stagnant for mice to enjoy and drink.
- Empty rubbish bins regularly.
3. Hire mice control service
A mice problem isn’t something you should handle on your own.
Hire a professional mice control service to avoid putting yourself at risk of disease from dealing with rodents. A professional knows how to handle the task of getting rid of mice efficiently to reduce the possibility of mice reentry and re-infestation.
There are many ways that mice can enter your home and a professional exterminator knows what to do by performing a comprehensive assessment of your home. They will also advise you on preventative measures to keep your property free from mice and other types of pests.
So if you want to install a home theater or buy a new appliance but don’t want them ruined by rodents, don’t fall victim to mice infestation.
Mice may be small but they are dreadful enough to not only damage your appliances but also put your family’s health at risk.
Don’t allow rodents to trespass your home by following the tips above. It’s your property, you should be the one deciding who goes in and out.
The Essential Snakebite Prevention Guide
10 Gifts for Birthday Everyone Will Love
Virtual Birthday Themes for Kids Birthdays
Which factors attract an audience towards freelancing platforms?
Drinking tea may improve your health – here’s what to try
Technical Things to Take Care for Your Vehicle
Celebrate Name Day With The Beautiful Flower Arrangement
Common Mistakes Businesses Make with Email Campaigns
How to Choose Best Internet Router for Home?
8 Tips to Optimize Your Social Media to Boost SEO
Planning a New Post-Lockdown Lifestyle: A Guide
How to Prove You Are A Socially Responsible Company
7 Healthy Facts About Magic Mushroom Tea
Everything You Should Know About Dyslexia
Effective Email Marketing to boost your eCommerce sales
DIY Tips to Build a Digital Weighing Scale
Must-Have Features of an Education App
How VPS Hosting Meet Real Business Needs?
Concrete Vs Quartz Countertops: A Quick Comparison
Top 6 Best Budget Wi-Fi Routers in 2020
Home Improvement3 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
Technology2 years ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
Home Improvement3 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
Digital Marketing2 years ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
How To2 years ago
Guilty of Making These Blunders While Designing Posters?
Digital Marketing2 years ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide