Marijuana is the name given to the dried leaves and buds of varieties of the cannabis plant. That plant can grow in various climates around the whole world. Apart from cannabis, people also call it pot, hash, grass, hemp, ganja, and so on.
Cannabis has been used for centuries in herbal remedies, and scientists later found many biologically active segments in marijuana called cannabinoids. The two most famous compounds are chemicals cannabidiol (CBD) and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (known as THC).
If you want to experience the effects of cannabis and its components, you can consume it in several ways, such as by inhaling, orally, or spraying it under the tongue. THC and CBD also have the potential of being effective for nausea, loss of appetite, relief of pain, and vomiting caused by cancer or cancer therapies. You can find various cannabis products on some of the best online dispensary in Canada.
How is Cannabis Taken?
When marijuana is taken by mouth, the central ingredient (delta-9-THC) is refined by the liver and then transformed into a divergent psychoactive chemical (11-OH-THC).
On the other hand, if it is inhaled or smoked, cannabinoids enter the bloodstream.
Have Any Studies of Cannabinoids or Cannabis Been Done on People?
It seems that there is a need to conduct additional extensive studies before a definite conclusion can be reached when it comes to cannabis effectiveness in killing cancer cells. Some small studies that were conducted indicate the need for research on a larger scale.
- CBD (Cannabidiol) taken by mouth for patients who have been under allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation to treat acute graft-versus-host disease.
- CBD to treat solid tumors that came back, taken by mouth.
- To treat recurrent glioblastoma multiforme given with temozolomide, an oral spray combining two cannabinoids (CBD and delta-9-THC) is made.
Cannabinoids and Cannabis overall have been studied as ways to handle cancer therapies and side effects of cancer itself.
Vomiting and Nausea
Cannabinoids and Cannabis have been studied as the way of treatment for vomiting and nausea by cancer treatment or cancer itself.
- Inhaled cannabis – cannabis has been studied for the treatment of vomiting and nausea caused by chemotherapy.
- Taken by mouth – nabilone and dronabinol, two cannabinoid drugs, are given to treat vomiting and nausea caused by chemotherapy. Both nabilone and dronabinol have shown to work as well as or better than other drugs to relieve vomiting and nausea.
- An oral spray containing CBD and delta-9-THC: The extract of Cannabis, known as Nabiximols, is given as a mouth spray. Some studies indicate it may be effective in reducing nausea that is caused by chemotherapy.
- No new drugs have been directly compared to cannabinoids and cannabis for nausea caused by chemotherapy in patients who have cancer. However, consuming various strains of sativa may be helpful to feel less nauseous.
It may be worth mentioning that there is now a growing interest in children’s treatment with cannabinoids and cannabis for symptoms such as nausea. But this kind of treatment is not endorsed yet because of the concern that CBD and THC use could affect brain development.
Some studies of cannabinoids and Cannabis known in the treatment of pain include:
- Cannabis Plant Extract: An extract of this plant sprayed under the tongue of the patient with advanced cancer could help with pain when it was not relieved by strong opioids alone. Another study showed that cannabinoids might play a role in managing difficult to treat pain, and this is the category where cancer-related pain is placed.
- Vaporized Cannabis with opioids: Patients that have problems with chronic pain can consider combining cannabinoid and opioids. The interaction of two components may help to reduce the dose of opioids and decrease their potential side effects.
- Taken by mouth, Delta-9-THC, and CBD: You can find many studies that examine the effect of managing chronic pain symptoms by using the combination of CBD and THC. While some patients report pain relief, as well as reduced nausea and vomiting, as well as improved appetite, others didn’t feel many positive effects. It is why further research is needed on the topic.
- Inhaled Cannabis: Marijuana-based remedies can assist adult patients with chronic neuropathic pain issues. It seems that inhaled cannabis can be particularly effective for this type of issues.
How Could Cannabis Affect Symptoms of Cancer?
For years now, marijuana extracts of all types have been known as a popular method for relieving pain. That includes pain appearing during or after cancer treatments.
Although there is no official research confirmation, some believe that cannabinoids like THC and CBD can delay the growth of cancer cells, and potentially even cause their death.
It is obvious that studies are needed to prove this theory, and the good news is that some of them are already in progress. In the meantime, the user experience indicates that marijuana could be of great help in cancer treatment. Cannabis indica is safe to use during the treatment, but no user showed clear signs it could help to cure the disease or put it under control.
Relying on cannabis alone as treatment while delaying or avoiding conventional medical care for cancer could have serious health consequences.
The Bottom Line
While you cannot rely on marijuana alone for treating cancer, this plant can help you to effectively manage some symptoms of the disease, as well as side effects that may appear during the treatment.
If you experience pain related to cancer, cannabis can be equally effective as for any other type of pain. It may also assist you in feeling less nauseous during chemotherapy, which may be important to push through therapies more easily. You can feel free to choose the desired method of consuming marijuana for medical purposes, which should give you plenty of room to find a way that suits you the most.
Why Should You Consider Using a Personal Loan for Wedding Expenses?
Musandam Dibba Oman Inclusions
Why Selenium is the Best Automation Testing Tool?
Bayside Brew and Spirits Festival
Should you rent or buy in California?
Understand Everything About The Power/Electrical Panels
How to rent a cheap apartment in NJ
Rx Safety Glasses Keeping Fogging Up? Here’s The Solution
5 Best Parental Control apps to set Internet Time Limit
8 Travelling Tips To Make You Ready For Travelling Anytime Soon!
All You Need To Know About Home Infestation
Trending Technology Using For Home Door’s Upgradations
Gates and Fences- Planning the Right Pick
Effective Tips on How to Grow Your Plumbing Business
4 Reasons Why Bajaj Qute Will Replace the Auto Rickshaw
What Else Do We Do Besides Offering Trailers for Sale?
The Essential Guide to Using Social Media for Small Businesses
The Advantages of Guest Posting Services for Site Owners
4 Reasons You Should Sip on CBD Tea!
Pregnancy And Its Trimesters
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology1 year ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing10 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Software2 years ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- Digital Marketing9 months ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide