Most of the time we realize that our resources are absolutely limited , and since we do not want to waste any of our productive time and hard earned money –we resort to options that our business can afford and we can implement and put to right use. What your business must not ignore is opting for a tool that is valuable and offers yield- we are referring to email marketing here.
Now the question is when there are so many ways to communicate with your client and reach out to them, why do we opt for email marketing as the most useful tool.
Email Marketing does much more than simply sending mails to your mailbox, to understand how it works, what its impact is on the business and its credibility – it is important we look at the benefits that email marketing provides and also the stats.
How about taking a quick tour of the email marketing statistics and then decide for your own if this is what you want.
Unveiling the Email Marketing stats in 2020
Well do not get carried away by the author’s opinion – you judge the facts on your own. We have made your task easier and have stated facts and opinions separately.
So what is your way of segregating realities from opinions? That’s numbers and nothing else.
Do you think email marketing is glorified?
- YEAR 2018 witnessed a whooping run-of-the-mill of 294 billion emails sent & received every day.
- Approx. 90% of marketers depend on email marketing to promote and generate leads.
- Year 2019 witnessed an unsubscribe and spam rate of merely 0.2%
- Same year the email open ratio/rate was at its best of 22%
- More than 85.2 % of all working professionals make emails as their primary communication channel.
- For most part of Europe and North America, the smart concept of email marketing is considered the most preferred technology.
- 92.6% B2B marketers use email as most opted and depended channel for sharing content.
- Half the professional community consider email as the first communication tool.
Significance of smart and strategized email-marketing in year 2020
What makes Email marketing the most preferred? Is it the profitable ROI or the multifaceted conversions – Let’s run through a quick start?
- Out of all mails sent, 21.4 % mails are click opened in the 1st hour of receipt.
- The market boasts a 4400% return [eg $ 44 for every dollar expended]
- More than 58.6% of B2B marketing professionals prefer email marketing for their leads
- If compared with social media leaders, email marketing is almost 40.2% effective in converting leads.
- Email Loyalty programs works best with email marketing, almost 37% compared to social media and websites who are 13% and 11% respectively.
- Stats record more than 50% customers are influenced by Marketing and promotional emails.
- Clients prefer using email marketing since it has a record of 85% lead generation, 84% sales, and 77% lead generation and retains customer up to 73%.
Understanding the effective frequency and time
If the topic is email conversion –it becomes imperative to understand when to, how many times.
Our stats reveal that more than 60% of the subscribers prefer receiving launch/promotional emails every week and 38% subscribers in higher frequency.
- Frequency of Marketers connecting with client is almost 32% (those who connect with clients 2-3 times a week) , 19% ( for those clients who connect once ) and 16% ( those clients who connect more than six times
- Research states that more than 26% of the subscribers like to view, read and respond the promotion before they decide to purchase a product.
- Most of the marketers send their mails on Thursday and it has more than 18% better yield.
- Avoid sending mails or promotional emailers on weekends – they have the least open rates
- The most preferred time to send mail is between 11AM and 12 Noon – they show the maximum Click to Read rate.
- Note: 62% of the marketer’s claim there is isn’t any RIGHT moment to send emails since each business is different and has different requirement.
- Proven Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as the most preferential days for sending emails- best being Tuesday followed by Thursday and then Wednesday.
Email marketing through the automation sending option
How can you automate your email sends?
If you are still contemplating about the fact whether to opt for email marketing this year or just continue the tradition of do-it-yourself mode? You are pushing away the opportunity since it will bring you some time and money- well it is not true.
Understand the stats:
More than 51.2% of the enterprises and companies use automation of email services
62.4% of the B2B marketers and respondents believe that they cannot do without email automation techniques
SO what are the key takes?
- It saves time (almost 31%)
- Generates Leads (almost 21%)
- Better revenue (18%)
- Retains Clients (10%)
- 67.5% of marketers rely on smart email automation, as it has a positive impression and effect on their business.
- 31.1% marketers rely that automation of email services not only brings you buffer time, it helps generate positive leads (21.2%), and accelerates revenue yield (18%).
- Triggered emails shows 8 times higher open rate and great revenue than generic mass emails.
- Automation tools are put to right use for shooting all categories of email
– Introductory emails (47%)
– Launch and promotional email (46%)
– email transactional (27.9%)
– alerts and invites (26.8%)
– article updates (26%)
– Sales emails (23%)
Email segmentation and creating personalized emails
Have you ever wondered how and what you can do to make your customer feel good as they are being considered important, what is it that you can do to make your client feel special –well one thing that is influencing and impactful is the email segmentation and creating personalization.
What was the most effective strategy of 2017 is now a necessity.
Stats show that email campaigns that are segmented proves 51% better yield than the one which are not targeted.
The three key elements that helps het higher Open rate (up to 81%), exceeded customer satisfaction (up to 58%) personalization, segmentation and creating target buckets.
- Approximately 57.9 % of revenue is generated using email segmentation
- 62% of email marketers feel that using email personalization is the most operative technique.
- Most of the email that is segmented results in email campaigns open ratio and shows a positive rises to 38.8 %; revenue, email deliverability, and generates positive leads for Sales all increased by 25%, transactions – 17%.
Impactful subject line, email main content and sign off
We share with you the most impactful potion for perfect email deliverability
- Almost 50% of the recipients open their emails just by reading the subject line
- It is noted that 58% of people report email as SPAM just by looking at the content of the subject line
- Introductory emails also called as welcome emails yields 300% more results than promotional emails.
Open rate based on the words or characters used in the subject
- If the words are 6-10 in number – 21.2%
- If the words are 11-15 in number – 13.8%
- If the number of words are 16-20 in number – 12 %
- If your email has ‘fwd.’ , there is a chance that your email will just be passed
Using Images and Pictures
Email contains content and that is no doubt very impactful since it gives you the information, but the appearance do play an important role. Both content and images together makes a relevant email marketing campaign.
- 72% of viewers and subscribers prefer having an image in the emailer.
- Emails that contain graphics/infographics show a 27% higher open rate than emails with only texts.
- 75% of viewers and recipients tend to close the email or disconnect if it takes more than 4-5 seconds to open, images do create impact but does result in heavy mails.
- 42% viewers prefers just reading the email if the downloading of images takes time.
- Recommended keep the text to image ratio as 4:1
Email Marketing has undoubtedly come a long way right from simple messages to global messages. In the year 2019 – the users all across the globe amounts to approximately 3.8. The data is bound to grow to approx. 4.31 billion users in next 3 years. This is around the calculation of almost half population. The data states that email marketing across the world will present us an opportunity that will clearly declare it a winner .If you are planning to initiate business, irrespective of how small or big the business is, -email marketing will give you the apt opportunity and power to reach people every day for 365 days, the benefits of getting more while investing less in the new mantra. Email no doubt is a better more refined way to connect, contact and communicate.
What is required is build a well strategized plan, engage and make users look for more, they should wait for you to communicate, and getting users engaged through mails, newsletter, and emailers is indeed a great way to stay interactive.
Smart techniques such as adding videos shows a jump of over 300 % in the user click and read rates. Some of the Marketers these days are using sliders, GIF’s and foldable menus that takes your email campaigns a notch high.
- 40,000 Free Emails for 1st Month
- Extensive Support Documentation
- Multi-Language Customer Support
Start a Small Business in 2021: 5 Profitable Ideas to Try
Custom made Jewelry Tips For Beginners
3 Simple Ways to Improve Your Small Business
Top 4 Best Upholstery Cleaners for Your Big Rig
A Guide to Help You Win the Lottery; 3 Actionable Tips
Four Tips for Smoother Remote Working in 2021
Improve Your Business’ Digital Platform
4 Ways for Colleges and Universities to Market Themselves
How to avoid cultural retreat when staff resumes work from the office?
06 Best Popcorn Time Alternatives For Free Movies
Which factors attract an audience towards freelancing platforms?
How to Choose Best Internet Router for Home?
How Businesses Get Hacked
Common Mistakes Businesses Make with Email Campaigns
Celebrate Name Day With The Beautiful Flower Arrangement
Top Marketing Tactics You Can Use To Promote Your App in 2020
Drinking tea may improve your health – here’s what to try
Virtual Birthday Themes for Kids Birthdays
How To Maximize Ecommerce Sales Using Email Marketing
5 Reasons to Choose React Native Over Hybrid Apps
- Technology2 years ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement4 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance3 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Lifestyle7 months ago
Planning a New Post-Lockdown Lifestyle: A Guide
- Home Improvement3 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing2 years ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- How To2 years ago
Guilty of Making These Blunders While Designing Posters?
- General3 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?