Graduating can be a little overwhelming at first, as you don’t know what to do next in life? Simply too many options pop up before you in terms of taking a path in life to follow.
Some graduates opt to get into an internship or a full-time job straight away, while others plan on taking a master’s course to further elevate their knowledge in the subject.
Many others may decide to go traveling the world. You have multiple life-defining streams to choose from.
To help those seeking full-time jobs right after their graduation, the global certification industry has emerged as a savior. It is offering highly valuable professional certifications that ramp up your chances of landing a job.
Let’s Discuss the Pros and Cons Associated with Selecting a Path Post Graduation
Getting into an Internship
- Being an intern will help you gain work experience with no long-term commitments. If you happen to like the job, you will perform exceptionally well, which may get rewarded with a full-time job.
- Even if you don’t like the internship or the work associated with the same, you get to network among industry professionals. You meet intellectual people from whom you receive life-altering advice.
- There are companies out there that will try to take advantage of your situation by exploiting you with a huge workload, thus ensuring free labor. In return for the work submitted, they may pay you less than the minimal.
- You might feel trapped in an environment where you work the hardest but get almost nothing in return. This way, you may lose interest in your work instead of learning things with optimal enthusiasm.
Entering the Workforce with a Full-Time Job at Hand
The Boons Associated:
- You get to know and understand the real-life application of all the theories you read and learned during your graduation years.
- One gets a taste of the professional work duties and learns valuable business-oriented skills. You get to test your knowledge gained in college years and identify what all is still needed to be learned. You can also gauge your future career path alongside.
- You start to earn your ROI in the form of remunerations, which further helps you pay your education debts. Moreover, you quickly gain work experience starting early.
- Best credentialing companies of the world are coming up to the aid of fresher job-seekers by offering them job-specific digital credentials.
The Bitter Banes:
- Finding a full-time job of your dreams is a tough nut to crack, given the amount of competition that exists in the job marketplace wherein you will also be competing with those having a master’s degree.
- One might feel too comfortable too soon after getting a full-time job straight away after graduation. As the paychecks start dropping every specific time duration, you refrain from taking risks in life, even when unhappy at your work.
Enrolling Yourself Up in a Master’s Degree
- One usually earns more in remunerations post master’s and therefore, can be considered worthy of investing time into.
- Studying in a master’s program allows you to dive deep into a subject, thus widening your knowledge bank.
- Taking a master’s course lets you focus more seriously on your future goals.
- Having a master’s degree to your name can help you travel internationally for work.
- More student debt to take advanced education can burden you sometimes.
- It can adversely affect your finances. Even if you ignore the tuition fee involved, you will not be earning anything during the time you pursue your master’s.
- If further studies can help you take somewhere you have desired for, then it’s worth the time and capital investment. Otherwise, it’s illogical to go for a master’s course.
Taking a Year’s Gap
- It will provide you the time to think about what path to take in life on professional, as well as personal front.
- A decision that develops over time to shift to a completely new location might prove to be life-changing in the long term. It will help you gain a new focus and perspective in life.
- Opting to study further, or getting into a full-time job doesn’t allow you time to develop a future-strategy. By taking a gap, you can freely think about the next best thing to do in life.
- A year without robust financial security in place might prove to be painful for many people.
- Some people travel until the savings are fully gone, and till the time they can afford to. This is going to hurt them eventually.
The Bottom Line
It’s eventually your call at the end of the day. There does not exist a right or wrong answer to the question. Besides, whatever decision you take, just be informed that it’s not irreversible. You are never too late to change your path and start on to a new journey altogether. Keep a goal in mind to reach to, and freely take a step forward towards its realization.
Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in a Wrongful Death Case
How Can Homeowners Insurance Help Safeguard Your jewelry?
Don’t Waste Time! 8 Facts Until You Get Your Cosmetic Dentistry
Best shop signage: The Importance for your Business
How Technology is Improving Digital Marketing?
Top 3 Types of Statistics Graphs for Data Representation
Does Your Domain Affect Your SEO?
How to properly pack and move sculptures and statues
Leave Your Audience In Shock With Ravishing Popcorn Boxes
Top 3 Best Statistics Books For The Beginners And Professionals
Ways to Motivate Employees to Accept eLearning
How Technology Supports Learning Through Online Education
How to do Scheduled Planning for MSBI Certification?
Awesome DIY Ideas To Reuse Custom Cardboard Boxes
[Solved] How to Recover Deleted Tasks in Outlook
How Chatbots Can Help You To Transform Your Business: Chatbot Advantages
Best Cities for Families – 2020 Edition
Why MSBI (Microsoft Business Intelligence) is the ultimate tool
5 Successful House Flipper Tips
Bought a New Vehicle? Check These 6 Things to Ensure you Have Completed All the Required Formalities.
- Home Improvement3 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Technology2 years ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing1 year ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing1 year ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To2 years ago
Guilty of Making These Blunders While Designing Posters?