During the age of 5 to 10 years, children often to be like their parents. It is usually amusing for parents to watch their children adopt their mannerisms. Children start developing the sense to not do something wrong. They also want to do everything right in this age.
Difficult behavior seen during this age:
- The rigid child: children may sometimes worry excessively about unable to follow rules, unable to complete school work, getting bad thoughts, death of a family member or about their own safety.
- Difficulty concentrating: some children find it difficult to follow instructions of school teacher and they tend to fidget in between.
- Bed wetting: though most children are dry at night in this age. Some short-term illnesses or stresses can occasionally become cause of bed wetting.
- Lying, stealing, and cheating: this behavior can upset the parents more than any other harm inflicted. The child may just be saving himself of some punishment or may desire something that he believes his parents will not get him.
- Excessive withdrawal: bullying or low confidence can result the child to get withdrawn into their own world. They may become excessive television viewers or make imaginary friends. This behavior if stays beyond 10 years of age, can become more problematic. It is usually a strategy to avoid the real world. This can hamper in personality development. Stopping a bully can help recover from the behavior.
- Bullying behavior: some children like hitting other children and this can take the form of bullying in school. Parents should make it clear to child that such behavior is unacceptable and they should cooperate with school authorities to help child overcome this problem.
General rules for parents to follow with a difficult behavior in child:
- Have firm, consistent rules although these rules can change as your child grows
- Allow child to have some say over rules and punishment
- Remain in charge as a parent and avoid getting into the trap of becoming a buddy to your child
- Allow child to have frequent group activities with other children
- Limit time to watch television and watch television with them to make it a social activity
It is time to see a doctor or pediatrician if:
- Child seems to be delaying development in some area like speech, social, or motor development
- The difficult behavior is intense
- The behavior is affecting child’s performance in school
Ask A Doctor if your child is having any signs of some serious disorder like depression, anxiety, victim of abuse, agitated, lack of interaction with others, cruelty to animals or other children, self-inflicted burns, clumsiness or lack of balance while walking.
Management may include play therapy, parent groups, family therapy, babysitting workshops. For most part trust your own instinct as you know your child best. Look for any red flags that may point toward any serious underlying condition. If you suspect your child has some serious problem, please consult your family doctor or pediatrician.
Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in a Wrongful Death Case
How Can Homeowners Insurance Help Safeguard Your jewelry?
Don’t Waste Time! 8 Facts Until You Get Your Cosmetic Dentistry
Best shop signage: The Importance for your Business
How Technology is Improving Digital Marketing?
Top 3 Types of Statistics Graphs for Data Representation
Does Your Domain Affect Your SEO?
How to properly pack and move sculptures and statues
Leave Your Audience In Shock With Ravishing Popcorn Boxes
Top 3 Best Statistics Books For The Beginners And Professionals
Ways to Motivate Employees to Accept eLearning
How Technology Supports Learning Through Online Education
How to do Scheduled Planning for MSBI Certification?
Awesome DIY Ideas To Reuse Custom Cardboard Boxes
[Solved] How to Recover Deleted Tasks in Outlook
How Chatbots Can Help You To Transform Your Business: Chatbot Advantages
Best Cities for Families – 2020 Edition
Why MSBI (Microsoft Business Intelligence) is the ultimate tool
5 Successful House Flipper Tips
Bought a New Vehicle? Check These 6 Things to Ensure you Have Completed All the Required Formalities.
- Home Improvement3 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Technology2 years ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing1 year ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing1 year ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To2 years ago
Guilty of Making These Blunders While Designing Posters?