Bought a new car?
Well, some congratulations are in order then.
But, hold on!
Have you completed all the necessary paperwork and formalities to make sure that you can take it out for a spin?
If you are feeling that you are missing out with something, just take a look through this checklist we have compiled below for your benefit.
Have you Got Your Car Registered?
The first thing you should do after buying your car is getting it registered with the Regional Transport Office, within 7 days from its date of its delivery. Registration of your car is a mandate under Section 39 of Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.
Following are the documents that you will need to procure for registering your vehicle –
- Registration application through Form 20.
- Form 21 (sale certificate).
- Form 22 (PUC certificate).
- Attested copy of your car insurance policy.
- Your identity proof.
- Address proof.
- Form 60, Form 61 or PAN card (whichever applicable).
- Customs clearance certificate if the car was imported.
- Challan receipt.
- Chassis pencil print.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
If you have availed a loan to purchase the car, you will also be required to submit Form 34, signed by you and your lender.
Get Your Car Insured!
As you must be aware, to drive any vehicle on Indian roads, it is mandatory to purchase a third-party liability insurance cover for it.
The third-party liability plan covers financial losses incurred due to damage to third party vehicles, policy and people, caused by your vehicle. You can also choose to opt for a comprehensive policy which covers third-party damages along with your own damages.
Sounds simple enough, right?
Here’s everything you need know to purchase the best cover available –
- Look through the options available and get the best one by comparing parameters like premium, coverage, claim settlement ratio, add-on covers, etc.
- Check the claim settlement process.
- Check the compulsory and voluntary deductible clauses under the insurance.
- Look for No Claim Bonus to enjoy the discount on premium payments.
- Seek out a high Insured Declared Value of the car.
- Look through the insurance provider’s reputation to make sure that you purchase the policy from a good company.
With these factors in mind, purchasing car insurance, whether liability-only or comprehensive, can become much easier.
Purchase a PUC Certificate
A Pollution under Control Certificate a.k.a PUC Certificate, issued by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, authorises that the emissions from your vehicle are under the prescribed pollution levels.
This PUC certificate is arranged by your motor dealer, making it easier for you to obtain it.
The PUC certificate has information like –
- The certificate’s serial number.
- Your vehicle’s registration number.
- Your PUC test’s date.
- The certificate’s validity.
- The PUC test reading.
Do You Have Your Driving License?
Well, even if it is not a mandate to have a driving license to purchase a car, you must have one if you are planning to drive it. The driving license is a document issued by the Indian Government that permits individuals to drive or operate any vehicle on Indian roads.
You can apply for your license through your RTO by submitting the following documents –
- Age proof (birth certificate, passport, PAN card, etc.).
- Address proof (passport, ration card, electricity bill, etc.).
- Passport size photograph.
- Application fee.
- Medical certificate (mandatory for individuals above 40 years of age).
Did you Get the Number Plate for Your Car?
A number plate is one of those things which are mandatory to get your vehicle road-ready. The number on your vehicle number plate is unique and is provided to you once you get your car registered.
Following are the components of the information on your vehicle’s number plate –
- It indicates the state/union territory where you have registered your vehicle.
- It contains the alphabets of the district where the vehicle was registered.
- Its next component is a unique number assigned to your vehicle.
- The last component of the plate is an oval symbol with the words “IND” which indicates that the vehicle has been registered in India.
The final part of the formalities that you will have to fulfil before driving your car is paying all the applicable road taxes.
Road tax is payable according to the tax slabs determined by the state government. This tax slab is levied as a percentage of the price of your vehicle.
With this checklist, you can make sure you don’t miss out on any of the formalities necessary to get your car on the road!
Why Indian CEOs Are Facing AI, ML, and Data Science Talent Crisis
Business Branding Best Practice Tips
Things To Consider When Turning Your Hobby Into a Business
How Solar Technology Has Changed for the Better in the Past 30 Years
Tips For Doing Power BI Dataflows
Top Social Media Sites For 2020
Why AI will impact the work of human resource professionals
Causes of Airport Parking Issues, Scams, Parking Fines and their Precautions
5 of the Most Incredible Fly-Fishing Trips
What is the Best Time to Visit Egypt?
How to do Scheduled Planning for MSBI Certification?
Ways to Motivate Employees to Accept eLearning
Corporate Event Technology Trends To Explore In 2020
How Technology Supports Learning Through Online Education
The Significance of Document Verification in Travel Industry
How Chatbots Can Help You To Transform Your Business: Chatbot Advantages
Want to expand business? Use Online Marketing
Musandam Dibba Oman Inclusions
Bluestone Flooring Definite Pros and Cons
Blue Light: Good or Bad?
- Home Improvement3 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Technology1 year ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing12 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing12 months ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Software2 years ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business