Two-wheelers are godsend vehicles when it comes to wading through traffic. You can easily snake your way through even the most infuriating traffic jams to find yourself reaching your destinations on time. This has made two-wheelers a favourite among many daily commuters.
The most important thing while owning a two-wheeler is having an insurance policy for your bike. Insurance policy is a mandatory document you need to have while driving your bike on the roads. Let’s get to know more in detail about the intricacies of a two-wheeler insurance policy.
What is Bike insurance?
When you own a bike insurance policy, and if you get into an accident, the insurance policy will cover for the damages caused. The extent of damages that will be covered will depend on the type of insurance policy you have opted for. Let’s examine the various types of policies to understand the scope of coverage better.
Types of insurance policies
Comprehensive insurance policy:
A comprehensive insurance policy will cover for damages caused to your own vehicle as well as those caused to the third-party’s. In this policy, if your bike gets damaged in an accident, natural calamity, fire, riots or if your vehicle gets stolen, then the insurance policy will cover for the expenses. The policy also covers for when you cause any damage to a third-party’s vehicle or property or if it results in the death or injury of third-party. You can further customise this policy with various add-ons like zero depreciation cover, engine and gearbox protection cover, return to invoice cover, etc. If you don’t own any other personal accident cover, you can also buy one along with this policy.
Third-party insurance policy:
A third party bike insurance policy will only cover for damages caused to a third-party’s vehicle or property, or injuries/death caused to the third party. It will not cover for any damages caused to your bike. This is the minimum mandatory document you need to have while using your vehicle on the roads. It also doesn’t have the option to customise the policy with add-ons.
Own Damages Policy:
This stand-alone policy will only cover for damages caused to your own bike. It will cover for damages caused due to natural calamity, fire and theft of your bike. You can also customise this plan with add-ons. But no third-party liabilities will be covered under this policy.
How to renew the policy before it expires?
It is essential to renew your bike insurance, without which your bike will remain uninsured, and you will be penalised for it. To renew expired two-wheeler insurance online, do the following steps:
- Visit the insurance policy website online.
- Fill your two-wheeler make and model details and get the quote for your policy.
- Select the type of policy.
- Fill in the required details and complete the payment.
- Once the payment is completed, if you have opted for a Third-party insurance policy, it will be immediately activated, and a PDF document will be sent to your e-mail id. If you have opted for other policies, then you will be prompted to take pictures/videos of your two-wheeler for an initial inspection. After approval, the policy will be activated, and details will be sent to your e-mail id.
If you want to renew your policy offline:
- Visit your nearest insurance service provider or agent.
- Submit the documents.
- Complete payment.
- Policy documents will be handed over to you on successful verification.
How to renew the policy after it expires?
You can follow the same aforementioned steps to renew your policy after it expires. But always make sure you renew our policy within the stipulated window so that your No Claim Bonus will not lapse. No Claim Bonus is the discount that you will get for the premium paid if you haven’t filed any claims during the policy period. It is still better to not drive your two-wheeler during the period when your insurance policy is not valid.
Best practices to follow to ensure the policy is renewed before the expiry date
We are only humans, and we can often forget the date of renewal of the insurance policy. But there are a few workarounds to ensuring that you renew your policy on-time.
- Sign up for an SMS or e-mail reminder service with your insurance company so that they will send you a reminder when your policy expiry date is near.
- Keep track of your expiry date on your smartphone. Sync your calendar to remind you on time.
- You can opt for an Electronic Clearing Service with your bank so that the premium gets debited on time without you needing to put in any effort.
- Some companies might also offer you to pay the premium through ATM. This can be a hassle-free process in ensuring you renew your policy on time.
Always ensure you are plying on the roads with a valid insurance policy. It can safeguard both you and third-party people when you get into any mishaps.
How to better understand the quality of trailers?
Does Artificial Intelligence have the Potential to Prevent The Next Big Pandemic on the World?
Arithmetic vs Mathematics: The Comparison You Should Know
Should I think about taking part in a clinical trial?
Hidden Spy Apps for Android Teenager
Tips for young professionals moving to New Jersey
How to Build Out a Garage Gym
Specialty items moving guide
Adding a Hint of Elegance to Make Your Custom Packaging Hard to Resist
What is Liposculpture?
Best Cities for Families – 2020 Edition
Awesome DIY Ideas To Reuse Custom Cardboard Boxes
Working in the Motor Trade: What Are Your Options?
Let this be your year- Habit changes to improve your life
Know How you can Increase your Retirement Fund by 54%
How to Raise Money to Purchase an Industrial Property
5 Tips for Installing a New Fence
Why MSBI (Microsoft Business Intelligence) is the ultimate tool
Personal loan for low salary individuals
12 Interesting Facts About Rishikesh: Yoga Capital of the World
- Home Improvement3 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Technology1 year ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- Digital Marketing1 year ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing1 year ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To2 years ago
Guilty of Making These Blunders While Designing Posters?