Oak frame has been a favored home material in the UK for centuries. The best factor to consider with oak frame houses is the speed and ease of construction. It will only take you a matter of days to erect compared to when you are building with bricks and blocks. In this article, I will tell you the things you need to consider before you develop an oak frame house.
Why Choose an Oak Frame House?
Aside from the speed and ease of construction, there are other factors why you should consider building an oak frame house. Here are some of the benefits:
- Eco-Friendly. Timber absorbs Carbon Dioxide emissions, something which is very helpful for the planet. CO2 emissions are quite high due to the increased industrial activities. The use of timber can help in decreasing the level of global warming. As long as we keep on replanting, the supply of wood can be infinite.
- Natural Heat Insulator. Timber offers excellent insulation due to being sealed to prevent the moist air coming into contact with the interior. They are also quicker to heat as they do not require pre-heating. You can check Stockport fireplace for their variety that will help you with the heat insulation.
- Not weather dependent. You can start the construction any time of the year.
Is Oak an Affordable Option
It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Oak may be one of the more expensive types of wood, but in the long run, it can last for a long time as long as you know how to maintain the wood. You can always look for a place where you can get the oak to meet that budget.
Seven Things to Consider
With oak frame being a modern method of construction, you need first to ponder and consider your options. Here are the things that you need to know before you build your oak frame:
- Ways of exposing the structure. An oak frame home, wrapped in encapsulation system, can be clad in a variety of materials. Some may still want the exposed oak frame on both the exterior and the interior. There is a way to do both, and you can check it with oak frame companies for the ingenious solutions.
- Look for a designer with experience. Designing and detailing an oak frame house needs to have a designer who is well versed in the construction system. Look for someone who understands spans and bays, as well as the limitation of oak.
- Oak does not need finishing. One of the appeals of oak is that it does not need finishing. Eventually, it will still weather to a silvery gray and oxidization makes the internal wood more honeyed which adds a much more beautiful view.
- Shrinking is part of the process. Remember that wood does shrink, however, it will be best to let it undergo a natural seasoning process so to not weaken the structure. Careful detailing and design, plus the attention to the drying out process can minimize remedial work.
- Steel can open up the design opportunities. Steelwork is often used to strengthen the carpentry. It can also help you in designing the frame or the structural oak beams much better.
- You can extend in oak frame. This can be a fantastic option if you are extending your home; perhaps there is no other construction method which offers a more versatile aesthetic.
- Oak frames need to be cleaned once erected. You will need to clean all the oak frames once the construction phase has concluded. You can use the method of sandblasting or the use of oxalic acid.
Maintaining an Oak Frame House
Oak frame houses are often admired for their beauty and for giving us the “homey” feel. However, you should be very cautious and aware if there are any problems present in your oak frame house. If you have any plans of repairs or alterations, always seek the advice of the surveyor or structural engineer who has a good understanding of buildings.
Oak has always been a reliable source of building material. For me, the oak frame house can make you feel more relaxed and at home rather than brick houses. Not only that it is pleasing and is eco-friendly, but you will also get to enjoy a less noisy environment. With just the right addition of a fireplace, it will feel like a scene in a movie. You can always check Colne Stoves and see what will best suit your home.
Is WooCommerce Scalable for running B2B Wholesale Store operations smoothly?
The Future of Fuel Technology – What Will Power Next-Generation Cars?
3 Things That Can Help You Manage Your Stress
What are the Reasons to Opt for Online Mobile Recharge Apps
Effective Email Marketing to boost your eCommerce sales
The 5 Best Materials for Commercial Roofs
6 WAYS YOU CAN MAKE YOUR MONEY ONLINE
What Is The Best Way To Set Your Alarm
Simple And Effective Tips To Grow Your Business To Grow From Scratch
Top 5 tips and Tricks every Unity developer should know
Planning a New Post-Lockdown Lifestyle: A Guide
[Solved] How to Recover Deleted Tasks in Outlook
Why Bespoke Kitchen Design is the Latest Favourite of the Modern Homeowners?
A Complete guide about Renewing Bike Insurance Online
How to Earn Money on YouTube in 2020 – Complete Guide
8 Key Points To Consider While Starting a Travel Company
Everything You Should Know About Dyslexia
7 Perilous Apps For Kids That All Parents Should Know About
Follow the Trend: Why Fashion Illustration is Important for Fabrication
8 Benefits of Effective Car Maintenance
Home Improvement3 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
Technology2 years ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
Finance2 years ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
Home Improvement3 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
Digital Marketing2 years ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
General2 years ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
How To2 years ago
Guilty of Making These Blunders While Designing Posters?
Digital Marketing1 year ago
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide