You decided to move to Maryland, but you’re still not sure which city to choose? That is a tough choice since there are some great places to live in this ninth smallest U.S. state. While a small state, Maryland is big in the sense of what it can offer. The diverse demographics, nice weather, stable economy and a good quality of life. It’s no wonder why many are relocating to this state each year. If you’re wondering which are the best places to live in Maryland, this guide can help you with that.
Pros of living in Maryland
Before you pack your bags and start checking out the best moving companies websites like allstatemoving.net, it will be a good idea to find out what awaits you at some of the best places to live in Maryland. Living in this state has many pros, and these are the most prominent ones:
- Growing job market – Newcomers that move to Maryland won’t have a problem finding a new job. Due to a very stable economy and booming tech and trade industries, there are plenty of job opportunities available. The unemployment rate is under 4% which is one of the main reasons why people are moving to Maryland.
- World class healthcare – People are coming from all around the country to get medical treatment at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. This reputable hospital will be easily reachable for you from any of the best places to live in Maryland. It’s great to know that the greatest healthcare facility is in the area.
- Rich history – All the history buffs will love living in Maryland, which once was the center of America. Its biggest cities Annapolis and Baltimore were the capital nation in the past. In fact, Maryland was one of the original 13 colonies, which makes it one of the most historically important places in the USA. Also, this state was the home to the famous writer Edgar Allen Poe. Its grave in Baltimore is unavoidable on the route of any tourist that passes through this area.
- All the benefits of Washington without the high price tag – Due to the proximity of this state, you can work in Washington and live in Maryland. That will be very beneficial to your wallet since the best places to live in Maryland are much cheaper than the nation’s capital city. If you don’t like driving, the MARC train or Amtrak offer very comfortable and quick commute.
How to choose the perfect place for your new home?
If you are moving with kids to Maryland, you will need to focus on different features than when you’re moving on your own. The safety and good school district will be a priority, while the nightlife will be among the last items on your list. No matter if moving with your significant other, your family or on your own, you need to make the list of priorities that your new home has to have.
Luckily, the best places to live in Maryland have features that combine different interests. They have great activities and entertainment options for both kids and adults. You just have to find a place that best suits your desires and that has every feature that you want.
The best places to live in Maryland
Columbia is ranked high in the survey for the most livable places in America. Many years in the row, it’s in the fourth greatest place to live in the USA and the third best place to raise a family in. Those are excellent statistics that put this area in the very top of the list for the best places to live in Maryland.
With extremely low crime rate and excellent schools, Columbia is very suitable for families. Since it’s the magnet for business, it has a low unemployment rate, so many young professionals choose it for their new home.
It is one of the most successful planned communities in the nation, which makes the life of its residents so much easier.
2. Carroll County
Carroll County was a rural part of Maryland, but over recent years, its transformation is astonishing. The county has become increasingly suburban, but it hasn’t lost any of its rustic charms. Its position is making it close to Baltimore and Columbia, but itself has many interesting things to offer. One of its best features is the beautiful landscape and plenty of open space.
It’s a peaceful area, with almost zero crime rate and one of the best school districts in Maryland. If you’re moving locally in Carroll County, it will amaze you how much calm and gorgeous is this part of the state.
This posh community is a very popular place for millennials, young professionals, but also families with kids. Due to its extraordinary public school’s system, it is named the most educated small town in the entire USA.
Its crime rate is extremely low, and it scores perfectly on health, income and fitness chart. The unemployment rate is lower than in the other parts of Maryland, but the living expenses are much higher.
Bethesda has amazing entertainment options and a vibrant nightlife. It is a host to multiple annual festivals and events during the whole year. There’s always some fun happening around the corner.
Olney is one of the best places to live in Maryland since it is one of the best-employed towns in this state.
If you are moving your business this will be the ideal place for it to thrive.
Like the rest of Maryland, this town also has a great school district. At the same time, it is the state’s cultural melting pot. It is one of the most diverse towns in Maryland and also its art center.
Speaking of diversity, Gaithersburg holds a title of the seventh-most diverse city in America in 2017. Which is quite impressing for a town with about 65.000 residents.
This is just one of the many features that make it one of the best places to live in Maryland. It has very affordable living costs and an outstanding public school system.
Its crime rate is almost non-existent, and it has a very bustling nightlife. Great entertainment options, a lot of employment possibilities, and affordable living costs are the crucial reasons why this town has many millennials newcomers each year.
How to Find Packaging For Your Food Product
Ways credit score can affect your chances of getting a loan
Top 9 HR Trends for 2019
Are Dentists Doctors? We asked a Dentist
8 Awesome Design Cars that You Can’t-Miss to See
How Kids Can Learn Modern Greek Quickly Through Online Marketing Courses?
Why Flexible LED screens for Stage are important for Concerts?
Top 5 Industries for which Cloud-Based Phone System is Important
4 Crucial To Build A Profitable Food Delivery Business
Top 7 Smart Fridges to Consider in 2019 [Buyer’s Guide]
How To Build up More Efficiently New Blog
Factors to be considered before WordPress theme for your Website or Blog
Confused regarding the best kind of flooring for your house? This short guide will help you select the best one
Step-by-step guide on how to install a turbocharger in your car!
All you need to know about teeth whitening
Era of Revolution in Digital Marketing
How Roof Restoration Helps You Sell Your House?
Everything you should know about the weather in Hawaii
Trending Designs in Men’s Bracelet and Band Segments
All You Need To Know About Green Tea
- Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
- Finance1 year ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
- Technology9 months ago
The Trend of Android TV Box
- Home Improvement2 years ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
- General1 year ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
- Digital Marketing7 months ago
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
- Software1 year ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
- General1 year ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?