A great oral health starts with taking care of the gums and the teeth with regular brushing and flossing. But you should also keep this in mind that what you put inside the mouth as part of your regular diet affects not only your overall health but also your oral health to a great extent.
Eating the sweets and candies can frequently contribute to the cavity development. The gum disease and the cavities cause some significant oral issues. Moreover, the sugary snacks can lead to the inflammation in your body and they are bad for the overall health.
So apart from avoiding the sweets and adhering to the oral hygiene routine, there are also ways through which you can impact your oral health in a positive manner. The nutrition plan that you stick to plays a long-term role in the case of your oral health.
Good nutrition offers all the right vitamins and minerals that assist in strengthening the teeth and the gums. Vitamin, in fact, is one of the most essential kinds of nutrition that can help in fighting the diseases. Lack of vitamins can give rise to the variety of gum related problems.
The deficiencies in certain vitamins and poor nutrition can contribute to canker sores, bad breath, tooth decay, and gum infections. So without these vitamins, the teeth and the gums can become more prone to decay and gum disease.
- Vitamin A– Vitamin A boosts the production of saliva that helps to remove the harmful bacteria as well as food particles from the mouth and reduce the risks of developing cavities. Vitamin A also protects gums and cheeks from any ailment by maintaining healthy mucous membranes that coat the gums and cheeks. The foods that are rich in vitamin A are the sweet potatoes, carrots, egg yolks, and leafy green veggies.
- Vitamin B – Vitamin B acts as an inflammatory that aids in the prevention of bleeding gums, gum sores and sores on the tongue and the mouth corners. The deficiency of vitamin B3 can lead to bad breath and canker sores. The deficiency of Vitamin B12 and B2, on the other hand, cause severe gingivitis and mouth sores. The chicken and fish are great sources of B3. Whole grain pasta, beans, mushrooms, almonds, and spinach consist of vitamin B2. Finally, vitamin B12 can be found in the red meat, pork as well as the dairy products.
- Vitamin C – The vitamin C strengthens the gums and makes it resistant to the bacterial attacks. It speeds up the healing process up. The deficiency of this vitamin can lead to the inflammation and the bleeding of the gums. Some sources of vitamin C include melons, berries, red peppers, guavas, and citrus fruits.
- Vitamin D – At times this is called the sunshine vitamin as it is synthesized within the skin when you are outside. The blood levels are regulated by vitamin D. Without an adequate amount of vitamin D your body won’t be able to absorb the calcium it requires to develop the strong teeth and keep the bones healthy. Though 15 minutes of sunshine thrice a week should be enough, many people also switch to supplements to make sure that they are absorbing an adequate amount of vitamin D. Milk and certain breakfast cereals are fortified with vitamin D. Cod liver oil are also excellent sources of vitamin D.
- Vitamin K – You should think of this vitamin as a shield. It assists in blocking substances that break down the bone. It also helps the body to produce osteocalcin which is a protein that supports the strength of bones. The vitamin K can slow the process of the body’s healing and increase the probability of bleeding. Moreover, it also helps to prevent the decaying of the teeth. You will get vitamin K in abundance in the leafy greens like collard greens and kale. Apart from that, vitamin K is also present in broccoli, sprouts, and Brussels.
The above are some of the most vital vitamins for healthy gums and teeth as suggested by the experts of the reputed dental clinic in Delhi who have been in this field since many years now and know how valuable nutrition is for the benefits of ones oral and overall wellbeing.
Broken Hip: Treatment & Recovery
How is CBD different from marijuana?
What It Takes To Become A Good Recruiting Agency?
Important Things To Know Before Hiring Landscaping Contractor
Why it is Absolutely Necessary to Optimize Your Content for Voice Search SEO
Wooden vs. Plastic Crates
Guide to Buying Medical Emergency Trolleys
How Cosmetic Packaging Helps To Get More Sales
How to Give Your Brand a Voice on Social Media
Finance8 months ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
General8 months ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
Home Improvement12 months ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
Software8 months ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business