There could be numerous performance related issues you may encounter on your PC that display signs of memory issues. Here, a common system freezes or more critical BSOD problems could cause due to RAM related issues on your system. Here, we have discussed ways to identify the RAM errors on your system and ways to find & fix this problem.
RAM Issue Symptoms: There are certain symptoms on your PC that shows that something is not right with RAM. These symptoms include:
- Your system will freeze for several minutes. It may take several minutes to open programs like Word or even open Internet Explorer.
- You may see a blue screen of death (BSOD) on your system where your system completely freezes. You may encounter this problem even when you didn’t add any new software or hardware device on your PC. BSOD also appears due to malfunctioning of new drivers or Windows updates. So, if you have done nothing of it, then it may be caused due to memory issues on your system.
- If your system is randomly restarted while doing the work. Though there could be numerous other reasons for random restarts but if you face random restarts with other mentioned issues then it is happening due to RAM issues.
- If you start facing an issue when your files start getting corrupted, then this is another symptom of RAM issue on your PC. Here, it is possible that your files are not properly saved, or data is being corrupted. These read/write errors could be caused when certain parts of your files are stored in RAM and not properly working.
- You may see strange colors or lines appearing on the screen. Here, it is also possible that the data that you trying to open may corrupt due to this.
- If you hear a beep voice when you boot your PC, then this is again a problem with RAM> Here, you may hear a single beep, multiple beeps or continuous beep when you boot the computer.
Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic: Windows offers a built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic tool that helps you find & fix memory issues. To use this tool, follow these steps.
Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools.
Once you are on Administrative Tools window, double-click on Windows Memory Diagnostic shortcut.
Note: Alternatively, you can press Windows key + R to open Run dialog box. Here, you need to enter mdsched.exe command and press enter to run this tool. You can also search & select “Windows Memory Diagnostic” in the search box on the taskbar.
A pop-up will appear offering you two options to click. Here, click on “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)” option. Don’t forget to save your work and close any open programs before restarting your system.
Now your computer will restart, and Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool screen will appear. Here, it will scan your system to find all memory related problems.
Note: It may take several minutes so leave it without interfering. You can also see a progress bar and a status message that will notify you about problems that have been detected during the process.
Once it completes scanning your system for memory problems, your PC will restart automatically and return to Windows desktop. Here, it will display results as you log in on your PC.
Note: If it doesn’t display results automatically, then you can see it manually as well. To do this, follow this process.
- Right-click on Windows logo in the lower-left corner and click on Event Viewer option.
- Select “Windows Logs” from the left panel.
- Select System and then click on Find option from right-panel.
- Now type “MemoryDiagnostic” and click on Find next button to view the results.
Use third-party memory checking tool: In addition to using the built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, you can also use other third-party powerful testing tools to find & fix the problems with your system RAM. These smart solutions come loaded with abundant useful features to boost your system performance comprehensively. Following the above-mentioned steps, you can easily identify RAM errors on your system. Once you have identified the problem, it becomes easier for you to fix the problem. Here, we have discussed how you can check your RAM for errors on your PC, if you know more such steps, then feel free to comment below.
Different Types of Performance Stages
How To Properly Maintain Your Vehicle While Exploring The Countryside
Understand the Importance of House Restumping Service
How To Select The Right Trailer?
Here’s How EMIs for Personal Loans are Calculated
Leasing vs Buying a Car for Rideshare Drivers: Don’t Get Taken for a Ride
Studying in North Miami, Florida USA
Why to Choose a PCO Car for Hire
Where can I start over?
Moving with your significant other? These tips will help you survive the process
5 Not Obvious Ways to Promote Your Blog
Top Ten Most Popular Torrent Sites Of 2018
Top 10 Free Mp3 Download Sites In 2019
How Is The Idea Of Vaping CBD Oil Via CBD Juul Pods? Does It Harmful For Health?
Recent Advancements In Technology of Pizza Packaging Industry
Everything you need to know about self-storage
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
How to Find Duplicate Photos on Your PC or Mac
Knowing From The Corporate Lawyers In India How To Close A Business
Don’t Allow Hard Drive Failure to Compromise Your Files
Finance11 months ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
General11 months ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
Home Improvement1 year ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
Software11 months ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
General12 months ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?
Travel11 months ago
The Most Beautiful Beach Bars in Frankfurt
Apps12 months ago
Role Of Python in Mobile Application Development