Being pregnant and becoming a mom is one of the best feelings in the world. But it also comes with the territory of being stressed especially about diet. Right nutrients are very important during prenatal term both for the baby and the mother.
The pressure is too much for first-time moms, and it gets even worse with suggestion and advice bombarded on them from relatives and friends.
It’s a hard decision to constantly decide what to eat and what not to, sometimes the things you love have to be given up as they are unhealthy for you and you need to choose the healthier option.
This article will help you in this decision, I will talk about some dos and don’ts of food that a pregnant woman should keep in mind.
The 3 must-dos for a nutritious 9 months:
- Do include Folic, vitamins, calcium, iron, zinc, and fiber in your diet
- Always include all type of minerals in your diet. It must be made of a combination of these and should not just focus on only one.
- Vitamin B is pivotal during the first six weeks of pregnancy and, hence it’s important to munch on green leafy vegetables, beans, poultry, fish and citrus fruits.
- Calcium is crucial for building the bones of your baby so make sure you eat enough of soy products, dairy products, orange juice and dark green vegetables. Do you know eating oranges daily (in winters) is the answer to most common question of how to get fair baby naturally.
- Iron and fiber is essential for your own health and must not be forgotten. Fiber is especially good for constipation. If iron is not supplied to the body through food enough, take supplements after consulting your doctor.
- Zinc helps in better delivery and curbing any fetal issues. Nuts and whole grains, meat and seafood are some of the best sources for this mineral.
- Do Choose organic food over processed products:
- It’s better to eat food grown on trees rather than processed foods. They do more harm than we can ever imagine. Also, while eating fruits and vegetable be sure to check for pesticides, and choose organic and locally grown vegetable and fruits.
This is very important as the baby’s immune system is just developing and needs pure food items for a healthy start.
- Do Choose foods that provide double nutrient:
- Your diet must contain every mineral but it’s not possible to eat 5 or 6 variety of food in one sitting. That’s why it is crucial to include food that provides more than one nutrient.
- Like yogurt, peanut butter, chicken, eggs and dairy products are rich in protein, calcium and iron, all three nutrients important for the growth of the baby.
Orange juice, spinach, and beans also are double duty foods having fiber, magnesium, zinc and vitamin B.
The 3 must don’ts for a healthy pregnancy:
- Don’t eat for two
- People will keep advising you to eat for two as you are carrying a life inside you but that’s just not true.
- Eating for two will just increase your weight, instead, eat healthy and enough to satiate your hunger and also provide you and your baby with enough nutrition.
- Don’t cut out water and don’t consume caffeine and alcohol
- Staying hydrated is extremely important for you, as a decrease in fluid levels can stimulate contraction leading to preterm labor for you. So you must at least drink up to 8 glasses or the amount of water that helps you stay hydrated.
- Alcohol drinking is a serious no for you as it can enter the baby’s body through the umbilical cord and that would dangerously harm the little life in you.
- Every doctor has a different take on caffeine, so ask your doctor, does your health allow you to drink coffee. In my opinion, it’s safe to stay away from caffeine.
- Don’t be hungry for more than three or four hours
- Being hungry for more than 3 or 4 hours will spike your blood sugar levels, and you can faint or feel light-headed which can be fatal for you and the baby. So, always keep a healthy snack with you in case of going out.
- Also, keep munching on fruits, dry fruits or some healthy food while at home.
Always remember, some of these do’s might not go for you due to your health structure so even after researching well, it’s always safe to consult a doctor for a proper diet knowledge.
Ayurvedic Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Parijatak, One of the Best Centres for Ayurvedic Treatment of Knee Pain in India
Knee pain is a common problem which occurs due to various reasons. It may arise from any of the bony structures which form the knee joint, kneecap, or the cartilage or ligament found in the hinge joint of the knee. Knee pain may happen to anyone irrespective of the age and may get aggravated by excessive muscle usage due to exercise or any foot injury. Knee pain may arise from various disorders such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, medial meniscus injury in the ligament, medial plica irritation, or any direct blow to the knee. Home remedies are useful only if the pain is not severe. But one must be careful in dealing with knee pain by not ignoring it for long.
Ayurveda and Knee Pain
Knee pain treatment through Ayurveda has been doing rounds since last few decades. Ayurveda has been the roots of all therapeutic procedures of a modern age. It has undergone evolution in terms of treatment. Ayurvedic therapies for knee pain provide natural ways of healing the pain. Ayurveda allows you to get rid of pain slowly yet effectively. One may think that Ayurveda is an ancient mode of treatment but then its effect on knee pain is miraculous. Though you may not completely cure arthritis, yet you can reduce the swelling and pain with Ayurveda.
Ayurveda recognizes Vata dosha as the main cause of knee pain. Vata dosha predominantly increases with age causing joint pains. Metabolism disorders increase this Vata dosha in joints and contribute to increases in inflammation of knee joints.
Susceptibility to Knee Pain
Some factors are more likely to increase the risk of knee pain. These may include:
- Obesity: Excessive body weight in an obese person puts too much pressure on the knee joints during regular activities such as walking or standing, making the person more susceptible to developing knee pain.
- Weak muscle strength: Those who have weak muscle tone are also vulnerable to knee pain more easily.
- Rigorous physical activities: Rigorous sports activities can cause knee pain due to wear and tear of ligaments and joint muscles.
Signs and Symptoms of Knee Pain
You must watch out for the warning signs of a knee injury. You can get one or more of the following symptoms of pain.
- Pain, which varies from mild or severe pricking form
- Swelling of joint
- The stiffness of knee muscles
- Difficulty in bending and/or stretching, activities
Ayurvedic Cure of Knee Pain
Ayurveda is a “safer and more effective treatment alternatives” for knee inflammation. A variety of herbs viz., ashwagandha, boswellia, turmeric, guggulu, ginger, triphala, and Shatavari have been used to reduce inflammation of joints and reviewed in the recent researches.
- Ashwagandha – Shows anti-inflammatory effects by suppressing pro-inflammatory molecules.
- Boswellia Serrata – Blocks the enzyme 5-lipoxygenase, an enzyme that upregulates the formation of leukotrienes which causes inflammation.
- Turmeric – Contains curcumin which checks the pro-inflammatory molecules (lipo-oxygenase, cyclo-oxygenase, and phospholipase A2).
- Guggulu – Contains guggulosteroids that regulate inflammatory response for reducing pain.
- Ginger-Reduces inflammation through inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis, inhibition of lipooxygenase, and reduced TNFα production.
- Triphala- Is a mixture of three herbs (amalaki, haritaki, and bibhitaki) which contain anti-inflammatory effects.
- Shatavari- Has a soothing, cooling, and lubricating influence on the body and helps reduce osteoarthritis of knees.
- Chingati sattva helps to generate cartilage
- Padmakashtha helps to relieve from knee pain
- Some Panchakarma has excellent results in knee pain can remove completely.
What is Autism Spectrum Disorder and its Treatment
Autism Spectrum Disorder is a form of development disorder which can cause negative effects on the communication and behavior pattern of a person. The symptoms of this disorder generally start to develop in the early two years of a child’s life. It is known as the spectrum disorder because of the wide varieties of disorders associated with it, it can have a life lasting impact on a person and the treatment can only produce a little improvement in a person’s behavior or communication, but it is still not possible to treat it and totally wipe it out. You can get your one or less than one year old baby tested for the symptoms of this illness at Urgent Care Hoboken and if detected then can perform the necessary treatments, because it’s better to treat it before it fully affects a person’s body and mind functions.
Some of the most common symptoms that the children suffering from Autism are:
- Finding it extremely difficult to have a normal communication with people or interacting with other unknown or sometimes known person.
- Showing repetitive behavior in the daily activities and restricting interest to just one thing.
- Symptoms that makes it unable for a person to work or function at school, work or other areas outside of the house.
Causes and Risk Factors
Although the exact causes of Autism Spectrum Disorder are unknown, but the researchers and scientists have suggested that the genes can react with the external environmental influences and can lead to the development of the ways that can cause this condition. Some of the possible risk factors causing this condition can be:
- A sibling suffering from the same condition
- Parents having children at an older age are also more likely to suffer from this condition
- Very low weight at the time of birth
- Already suffering from some form of genetic conditions such as Down syndrome and Rett syndrome etc.
There is no specific cure for Autism Spectrum Disorder, but there are several specialist interventions that can improve the communication skills of a person suffering and can help in the development of a child on a social and educational level. As, each and every person is affected with the condition in a different way, therefore it’s not possible to determine that which intervention technique will work for a particular child.
Some intervention techniques require a lot of time and money and emotional dependency, therefore some parents cannot afford for this technique. If you do want to know about the possible treatment then you can visit your nearest emergency room doctor and get in touch with the doctor and discuss the possible ways for the best possible treatment for your child. The treatment works best when the condition is detected at its early stage, it then becomes easier to get rid of the condition rather than treating it after getting worse. It is although not possible to entirely eliminate this disease, but its symptoms can be reduced up to some extent.
Tips for Managing Pregnancy-Related Back Pain
Healthy growth of the baby in the womb, this is exactly what a mother-to-be and the entire family wants. However, the baby bump can go tough on the back of the mother-to-be. Almost every pregnant woman experiences back pain especially during the second half of the pregnancy. It has been revealed in several studies that around 50% to 80% of the pregnant ladies experience pain in their back. The pain can be acute and triggered by some specific activities and it might become a chronic back pain.
A lot of mothers-to-be report lower back pain during the fifth, sixth and seventh month. However, it might also begin in the 8th week.
Types of Back Pain during Pregnancy
Following are the two common types of pregnancy back pain:
- Lower back pain (also known as Lumbar pain)
- Posterior Pelvic Pain
Lumbar Pain or Lower back Pain
Lumbar pain occurs just above the waist and in the center of the back. This pain might or might not radiate into legs or feet of the patient. Prolonged postures including standing, sitting and repetitive lifting often can increase the lower back pain. Muscle tenderness along the spine also increases lower back pain during pregnancy.
Posterior Pelvic pain
The prevalence of posterior pelvic pain is four times the lower back pain. The mother-to-be suffering from this type of back pain experiences deep pain below and on the sides of the waistline.
What Are Some Common Causes Of Pregnancy Related Back-Pain?
There are multiple factors responsible for this back pain during pregnancy. These factors include:
- Increased Weight
- Changed Posture
- Hormone Changes
- Muscle Separation
- Emotional Stress
It is actually very important to gain the right amount of weight during pregnancy. Her body needs some extra calories. A woman gains 25 to 35 pounds of weight during healthy pregnancy. It is the spine that supports this increased weight. Apart from this, the healthy growth of the baby and weight of uterus is also increased. The pressure of this weight comes on the blood vessels and nerves found in the pelvis and back.
Center of gravity is changed during pregnancy which results in muscle imbalance and muscle fatigue also becomes frequent. These changes cause back pain and strain.
A hormone called relaxing released during pregnancy loosens the joints which is essential for preparing for the birth process. However, these hormones also loosen the ligaments supporting the spine. This also causes instability and back pain.
Changes in muscles occur left, right and centre during pregnancy. Rectal Abdominis Muscles, which we all know as abdominal muscles or simply abs are likely to separate along the centre seam as the uterus expands. This muscle separation also causes back pain.
Muscle tension in the back due to emotional stress is often felt as back spasms or back pain. Mother-to-be experiences more pain during stressful periods.
As prevention is better than cure, let’s see how a mother-to-be can prevent or at least minimize back pain.
Preventing or Minimizing Back Pain during Pregnancy
Back pain during pregnancy can be easily managed or minimized.
- Follow exercise plan approved by the doctor.
- Avoid bending over while picking up something. Squat to pick up stuff.
- Do not wear high heels. Any footwear that does not provide adequate support should be avoided.
- SOS (sleep on sides) is the best sleeping position for a pregnant woman. Sleeping on the back will increase the risk of back pain.
- Some mothers-to-be find support belts pretty helpful. Simply wear one under the lower abdomen.
- She can also visit a chiropractor for getting back adjusted.
- Take rest
Pregnancy Back Pain Treatment
The mother-to-be gradually begins to get pain relief naturally before giving birth. However, she should seek treatment in case it is chronic back pain.
- Heat and Cold
- Improving Posture
Heat and Cold
Cold compresses with a bag of ice can be helpful. She can also wrap some frozen vegetables in a towel and use it as a bag of ice. Apply a cold compress on the painful area several times a day for 20 minutes. Switch cold compress with a hot water bottle or a heating pad after two or three days. However, she should be careful and should apply heat to the abdomen.
Exercise can increase flexibility and muscle strength. Regular exercise will reduce the stress on the spine. Walking, swimming, aerobics and stationary cycling are some of the safest exercises during pregnancy. These exercises strengthen back and abdomen. However, the exercise plan should be approved by the doctor.
Some changes in postures while sleeping, sitting or walking can provide relief from the back pain. Stop slouching. It strains the spine. Sleep on side keeping a pillow between knees. Placing a rolled-up pillow behind back will help in relieving back pain while sitting at a desk. She should sit up straight with her feet resting on a stool or a stack of books.
The mother-to-be should talk to a counselor if the back pain is due to stress.
The pregnant lady should consult with her doctor and if her doctor recommends, she can consider chiropractic manipulation of the spine. Chiropractic manipulation is of great help if done correctly.
This is a Chinese system of treatment in which the patient is treated by inserting needles into the skin at certain locations. It has been proven to be effective in pregnancy related back pain.
In case of severe back pain, the woman should see a doctor. Rhythmic cramping pains, difficulty in urinating, pain beginning abruptly and increasingly severe pain, the woman should see a doctor.
Ayurvedic Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Tips for Choosing Accounting Software for Small Businesses
6 Errors with Your Makeup That Make You See Bigger
What is Autism Spectrum Disorder and its Treatment
Underfloor Heating – Interesting Guide To Warming Up Your Home
5 Reasons Why One Should Have Plantation Shutters
5 Trends About to Transform the Field Service Sector in 2018
Diesel Or Petrol Car? Which One Should You Go For?
Why Cybersecurity Important in Healthcare
Here You Come to Know What Actually Calf Pain Is
Finance2 months ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
General2 months ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
Software2 months ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
Health2 months ago
Promising A Healthy Life With Ayurvedic Franchise India