Oak frame has been a favored home material in the UK for centuries. The best factor to consider with oak frame houses is the speed and ease of construction. It will only take you a matter of days to erect compared to when you are building with bricks and blocks. In this article, I will tell you the things you need to consider before you develop an oak frame house.
Why Choose an Oak Frame House?
Aside from the speed and ease of construction, there are other factors why you should consider building an oak frame house. Here are some of the benefits:
- Eco-Friendly. Timber absorbs Carbon Dioxide emissions, something which is very helpful for the planet. CO2 emissions are quite high due to the increased industrial activities. The use of timber can help in decreasing the level of global warming. As long as we keep on replanting, the supply of wood can be infinite.
- Natural Heat Insulator. Timber offers excellent insulation due to being sealed to prevent the moist air coming into contact with the interior. They are also quicker to heat as they do not require pre-heating. You can check Stockport fireplace for their variety that will help you with the heat insulation.
- Not weather dependent. You can start the construction any time of the year.
Is Oak an Affordable Option
It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Oak may be one of the more expensive types of wood, but in the long run, it can last for a long time as long as you know how to maintain the wood. You can always look for a place where you can get the oak to meet that budget.
Seven Things to Consider
With oak frame being a modern method of construction, you need first to ponder and consider your options. Here are the things that you need to know before you build your oak frame:
- Ways of exposing the structure. An oak frame home, wrapped in encapsulation system, can be clad in a variety of materials. Some may still want the exposed oak frame on both the exterior and the interior. There is a way to do both, and you can check it with oak frame companies for the ingenious solutions.
- Look for a designer with experience. Designing and detailing an oak frame house needs to have a designer who is well versed in the construction system. Look for someone who understands spans and bays, as well as the limitation of oak.
- Oak does not need finishing. One of the appeals of oak is that it does not need finishing. Eventually, it will still weather to a silvery gray and oxidization makes the internal wood more honeyed which adds a much more beautiful view.
- Shrinking is part of the process. Remember that wood does shrink, however, it will be best to let it undergo a natural seasoning process so to not weaken the structure. Careful detailing and design, plus the attention to the drying out process can minimize remedial work.
- Steel can open up the design opportunities. Steelwork is often used to strengthen the carpentry. It can also help you in designing the frame or the structural oak beams much better.
- You can extend in oak frame. This can be a fantastic option if you are extending your home; perhaps there is no other construction method which offers a more versatile aesthetic.
- Oak frames need to be cleaned once erected. You will need to clean all the oak frames once the construction phase has concluded. You can use the method of sandblasting or the use of oxalic acid.
Maintaining an Oak Frame House
Oak frame houses are often admired for their beauty and for giving us the “homey” feel. However, you should be very cautious and aware if there are any problems present in your oak frame house. If you have any plans of repairs or alterations, always seek the advice of the surveyor or structural engineer who has a good understanding of buildings.
Oak has always been a reliable source of building material. For me, the oak frame house can make you feel more relaxed and at home rather than brick houses. Not only that it is pleasing and is eco-friendly, but you will also get to enjoy a less noisy environment. With just the right addition of a fireplace, it will feel like a scene in a movie. You can always check Colne Stoves and see what will best suit your home.
Remarketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
Here’s Why Mid-range Gionee X1s Still Goes Strong in 2019!
Five Simple Steps to Getting rid of your Junk Car for Good (Cash)!
How to Obtain Domestic Abuse Protection Orders and Notices while Facing Domestic Abuse
How am I eligible for a loan against property?
How can a Business Process Management Software help your Business?
What Is Kratom Tolerance Level?
6 Must Have Pieces of Fitness Accessories to Better Your Cycling Experience
The Smart Homeowner’s Guide to Working With a Landscape Designer
9 Effective Tips to Get Rid of Bad Breath Naturally
Top Ten Most Popular Torrent Sites Of 2018
Wooden vs. Plastic Crates
Top 10 Free Mp3 Download Sites In 2019
How to Give Your Brand a Voice on Social Media
HOW SNOW CHAINS WORKS?
How Cosmetic Packaging Helps To Get More Sales
Recent Advancements In Technology of Pizza Packaging Industry
Why Dental Cleanings Are Essential?
Why Maintenance and Support for Application are Essential?
4 benefits of using an online portal to buy or sell your car
Finance10 months ago
Get Ready Before it is too late! Hire a Tax Specialist to Get Your Taxes Prepared
General10 months ago
What Makes XLPE Insulation so Special for Users?
Home Improvement1 year ago
Best Roof Design for Snow
Home Improvement2 years ago
How To Decorate Home With Vintage Home Accessories
Software10 months ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
General11 months ago
Why Wear Lederhosen in the Customary Fashion with Suspenders?
Travel10 months ago
The Most Beautiful Beach Bars in Frankfurt
Apps11 months ago
Role Of Python in Mobile Application Development