The advertising Instagram has established itself as one of the most interesting options of digital marketing in recent years. Since it shares the same advertising interface as Facebook, it offers a lot of tools and interesting options for marketers; Whatever your type of company and your goal, you will surely find the ingredients to create the campaign of your dreams.
But sometimes we can get lost in such complexity and not be clear about the best options for our case. To get the most out of Instagram advertising and not waste time, effort and budget, you must be very clear about your strategy. To know how you can define it, read on!
Why are you interested in advertising on Instagram?
Instagram is one of the most powerful social networks of recent years, and unlike some other “fashionable” networks, is fully implemented among the public of our country. At SkWebSolutions; one of the leading US logo designing companies, we believe that advertising on Instagram is a safe bet , and this data gives us the reason:
- Only in Spain, Instagram has more than 12 million users. Globally, this network has no less than 250 million active users per day.
- Spaniards are particularly active in this social network, since they create 150% more content in Stories than the global average. We are attracted to try new formats and we are willing to accept them in the advertising we consume.
- Advertising on Instagram is particularly interesting for brands that target a young audience, since 42.8% of users of this network are between 19 and 24 years old and 33.9% between 25 and 34.
- Instagram is a reference network for finding new content, both personal contacts and celebrities and brands. In fact, it is a very popular network among influencers, and the promoted content enjoy special acceptance compared to other networks.
- The Instagram advertising platform is very versatile, which allows us to adapt the campaigns to our objectives, our audience and the characteristics of our brand.
5 strategies to wipe out your Instagram advertising
1) Identify in which phase of the conversion funnel you are
The conversion funnel is a key concept to understand the journey of the client and optimize the marketing of our brand. It is a graphic representation of the entire customer acquisition process; It is funnel-shaped because not all contacts that show interest end up generating a conversion, so the volume narrows as we go.
In general, we usually distinguish the following phases or stages of the conversion funnel:
- Awareness (pre-entry phase in the funnel): the user realizes that he has a need.
- TOFU (top of the funnel): the user starts looking for information to respond to that need. This phase is characterized by very general searches, such as “how to get fit” or “more effective exercises for X”. Here our role is to raise awareness about the brand and the need.
- MOFU (middle of the funnel): the user is evaluating different options, for example, gyms to sign up for. Therefore, we must teach him how to choose a solution.
- BOFU (bottom of the funnel): the user has considered the available options and remains interested in our brand. It is time to put all the meat in the spit to make you decide to buy.
- Conversion : the closure of the funnel, when the user becomes a customer.
As you probably know, each of these phases is good for a different type of advertising, and advertising on Instagram is no exception. For example, if a user is in the early stages of consideration, an ad focused on the purchase will not be effective. But if you’re ready to buy, you have to take the opportunity and not just offer generic content.
2) Adapt the type of ad to your goal
If you are already clear about which phase of the conversion funnel you are targeting and what you want to achieve, the next step is to “translate” your strategy to Instagram advertising. And is that each stage of the funnel corresponds to a specific type of announcement. Luckily, Instagram Ads have options to meet all possible needs.
In the TOFU phase , we are looking for users to start recognizing the brand, but we do not have a specific conversion goal. The types of ads that best suit this phase are those of interaction with publications and those of video visualizations.
In the MOFU phase , we look for the user to start interacting with our website and, if possible, to register with it. Once again, the advertising on Instagram offers us several types of ads that can be adapted to these goals: those of records on the web, those of generation of leads and those that direct traffic to a website.
Finally, in the BOFU phase we look for the user to perform a specific action and linked to the conversion. To achieve this, we can launch interaction announcements with an application, conversions on a website (linked to the purchase) or installations of an application.
3) Find your ideal audience
In addition to choosing the type of ad suited to our goal, we must also carefully consider the issue of segmentation. Instagram offers many options for creating publics for ads, but it is important to know what exactly each implies and use them appropriately.
Once again, the type of segmentation to choose will depend on the objectives of the campaign and the stage of the funnel in which we find ourselves.
In the initial acquisition phase , what we seek is to reach a large number of users, so the segmentation will be based on general parameters such as:
- Broad demographic data such as age, sex, location or language.
- More specific data, such as educational level, important life events, composition of the home, etc.
- Behaviors: here we can find things like shopping habits, the use of devices or certain activities, for example, a regular video game player.
- Categories of partners: typologies of consumers contracted to third parties through Instagram, for example, car model.
- Interests: broad (for example, “kitchen”) or specific (based on user activity on Instagram).
In the middle part of the funnel, a strategy widely used is “prospecting”, which is based on locating audiences similar to those we already have. For this, we can use these two tools:
- Personal audiences: are audiences based on data provided by us, for example, a database of customers or visitors to our website.
- Similar audiences: the next step is to create an audience that resembles a previous one, in order to locate other users potentially interested in the brand. We can adjust the desired similarity percentage to expand or reduce the audience.
And finally, in the final part of the funnel we can play with remarketing to once again impact an audience that is ready to convert.
4) Choose the location of the ads well
When it comes to advertising on Instagram, there is another key factor besides the type of ad: the location. And here we can also choose where our ads are displayed to customize to the fullest. There are two great options:
- Show ads in the News Feed . In turn, here we can choose between different creativities: static images, videos, carousels …
- Show ads in the Stories . In this way, we take advantage of the notoriety of this format, which, as we have seen, stands out especially among Spanish users. Here we recommend opting for the video format, since it is the one that gives the best results.
5) Always measure the results
Along with all these customization and targeting options, Instagram also offers a lot of data on the performance of ads and campaigns. Take advantage of them!
No strategy is complete without a measurement plan and reports . So if you want to succeed with your Instagram advertising, establish regular controls and do not stop testing to see what works. The results will be worth it.
Do you want to know more about Instagram Ads?
I hope these strategies have helped you put your ideas in order, but there is still a lot of material to cut. If you want to see these strategies in detail with ideas and practical examples, know how to adapt the campaigns to your conversion funnel and choose the best segmentations and publics, you can not miss our free ebook on Instagram advertising strategies .
The 8 Steps of a Marketing Plan in Social Networks
If you want to conquer the world, you need a plan. The marketing plan social networks s is like the plane would you use to build your house without it, you’re completely lost and your actions meaningless , or worse, be offset between them.
To avoid starting to build on the roof, your marketing plan on social platforms has to be clearly defined before publishing your first tweet. But do you know where to start? Do not worry: with this plan in 8 steps, you have it done.
How to create a social media marketing plan in 8 steps
1) Establish objectives for your presence in social networks
The first step to a solid marketing plan is to define what you want to achieve . Without objectives, you can not know if what you are doing works or measure the return on investment. The idea is that your social network objectives respond to the general goals of your company.
To establish objectives that really make sense, remember the English acronym “SMART”:
- Specific (specific)
- Measurable (measurable)
- Attainable (reachable)
- Relevant (relevant)
- Time-bound (with a deadline)
The second point, the measurement, is very important to determine the success of the project. Instead of focusing on indicators such as “likes” or comments, think in terms of KPIs that have a real impact on the business. Keep in mind the use you are going to give to the different channels, since you may want to measure different things in each one of them.
2) Learn everything you can about your audience
If you know the recipients of your communication in depth, you can create contents that fall in love with them. In addition, this will help guide you on the path to conversion.
To begin with, you can create a profile of your ideal follower to have a clearer picture of what you are looking for. Search for real data about the profile of users of different networks and the analytics of your page; This will not only help you to refine your strategy, but also to be more effective when launching advertising on social networks.
3) Investigate the competition
In all likelihood, your competitors will also be using social media, and that means you can learn from their actions and incorporate these lessons into your marketing plan.
Doing an analysis of the competition will help you understand who your competitors are and what they are doing well (or not so well). You will have a global image of what the expectations of the users in your sector are and you can adapt to them.
This analysis will also help you find opportunities and market gaps. For example, your competitors may have focused on Facebook, but Instagram is still a terrain to explore. So, instead of competing directly with them, you can make yourself a site in other networks.
When analyzing the competition, the social listening is your ally. Track the brands of the competition and the keywords of your sector and follow up on the results regularly.
4) Do an audit of social networks
In this step you will start by analyzing what you are currently doing in social networks (if you already have presence in them). Try to answer these questions:
- What is working and what is not?
- Who is connecting with your brand in the networks?
- In what social networks is your target audience?
- How is your presence on social networks compared to the competition?
Once you have this information, you can use it to see how to improve and add these insights to your marketing plan in social networks.
The social network audit is also a good time to solve these two pending tasks:
- Check if you have any account that no longer serves you. If you do not have a clear objective and you are not giving the results you expect, you may need to make a change of course or even eliminate it altogether. Remember: it is better to have an active and focused presence in a few channels, than to try to reach everything and fall short.
- Detect possible impostor accounts, that is, accounts of other users posing as your brand. Remember that you can check your profiles on Facebook and Twitter so that your fans know who they should follow.
There is a list of nurseries in Abu Dhabi who produces quality digital marketing auditor.
5) Create profiles in social networks and improve previous ones
The time has come to take action! At this point, you need to be very clear about what social channels you are going to include in your marketing plan and what your strategy is in each of them. For example, you can use Instagram Stories to post tutorials and Twitter for customer service. To further center your network presence, try writing a mission for each channel summarized in a single phrase.
Once you have decided which channels you will be in, it will be time to create profiles or optimize the ones you already have. Make sure you fill in all the information fields and use keywords adapted to the user’s search habits.
6) Get inspired!
Although it is important that your brand is unique and demonstrates, it is also a good idea to be inspired by the best success stories in your sector.
All social networks include success stories that show how brands are using their tools. You can usually find them in the information sections for companies in each social network.
Another very interesting option is to look for digital marketing prizes , such as The Facebook Awards and The Shorty Awards, and see what the winners are doing.
Finally, you can also ask your followers directly or do social listening to see what their online behaviors are and how you can take advantage of them in your social media marketing plan.
7) Create a content calendar on social networks
Sharing valuable content is essential, but it is also essential to share it at the right time. A good content calendar will help you maximize the impact of your publications and make your team’s life much easier.
The content calendar should include the dates and times in which you will publish each type of content in each channel. It is the perfect place to plan all your activities on social networks, from images and links to blog articles and videos. In this way, you will ensure you distribute the content correctly and take advantage of the “peak hours” of social networks. To see the live example visit the twitter page of Furniture upholstery Dubai, check out their past one year tweets to better understand how to manage your content calendar.
Depending on the objectives of each network, you will have to decide on an appropriate distribution of contents . For example, you can define that 50% of the content will be focused on driving traffic to your blog, 25% will be curing content from other sources, 20% will be aimed at objectives such as lead generation or conversion and 5% The rest will refer to the culture of your company. As a general rule, it is often said that 80% of your publications should inform, educate or entertain your audience and only 20% should include direct promotion.
8) Test, measure and adjust the strategy
Developing a marketing plan is an essential first step, but you should keep in mind that it is impossible to get it right the first time. In addition, social networks are a changing environment, so you will have to adapt to the habits of users.
Therefore, include in your plan periodic controls and tests to analyze what you are doing and see how you can keep improving. Thus, your presence in social networks will be more effective than ever.
5 Security Issues Digital Marketers Face Today
By nature, marketing is open. This means that many digital marketers often shy away from discussing or considering security issues that arise. However, in 2018, online security is a sphere of the Internet that digital marketers have an obligation to be focusing on.
All online marketing endeavors must incorporate thorough processes for cybersecurity. This is because neglecting to keep your digital content safe could quickly lead to damage to both your customers and your brand.
Whether you work in-house or for a brand activation agency in Dubai, digital marketers should educate themselves so they are in a position to advise their firm or their clients on how to make their online content as secure as possible.
Here are five security issues digital marketers face today.
1. Client’s lack of web security
In general, the Internet is not a secure place. As nearly everyone shares more and more information online (such as paying bills, emailing important documents, submitting applications, etc.), there is also additional motivation for hackers to detect methods to hack your firm or your client’s website.
Even though hacking occurs on a daily basis, many firms still don’t consider web security a pressing concern. In addition, too many digital marketers don’t see web security as an issue that they should be dealing with or thinking about.
Whether it is your firm or a client’s website, having a robust firewall, HTTPS encryption, and an active antivirus program are essential. Additionally, work with a security team to recognize all weaknesses your websites have and to formulate a plan for decreasing the dangers.
While you may not think it will happen to you, the truth is that hacked websites occur often. Of course, they frequently have devastating repercussions, including but not limited to, stolen data, jeopardized databases, and your whole site de-indexed from Google.
2. Content marketing
WordPress is the most popular Content Management System (CMS) with many businesses using the platform to post content. Firms love WordPress because it is easy to upload blog posts; however, hackers also adore it because they know precisely how it functions.
If your content is getting posted on WordPress or other similar CMS platforms, then it is essential that you regularly update and integrate security features, such as security plugins.
Additionally, regularly change your passwords and ensure that your default login URL ending is not /wp-admin. Remind other members of your team not to access these CMS platforms when on public Wi-Fi networks as they are unsecured and your data and information are not encrypted – allowing hackers to procure your password and jeopardize your website efficiently.
One of the main security concerns for digital marketers to consider relates to privacy. While the level of danger will depend on who and what you are writing about, it is still something to keep in mind.
As you and your firm (or your client) publishes about and market themselves more and more online, you are opening yourselves, your life, and your business up to those who may potentially have a criminal intention.
Your writing and marketing materials may reveal things that could be used against your or that could endanger you. With the content team, devise a plan for finding a balance between being transparent, but also safe.
4. Your firm’s reputation
As a digital marketer, it is your job to boost your firm or your client’s reputation. Whether you offer ATL or BTL production services, or both, you want new potential customers to learn about the product or the service. You also want to create content and marketing plans that increase the business.
What you don’t want to do is ruin your or your client’s reputation through social media — a platform that demands distinctive attention.
The incorrect use of social media always backfires on a company’s reputation. Whether it is unintentionally done so from your team, or in a malicious attack by hackers, wrong or inappropriate information shared over social media can be the end of a company.
Regarding your team, only allow chosen employees to have access to the social media profiles, and thoroughly educate them on the dos and don’ts of social media posting.
Create strong, unusual passwords, prevent spam sites, obstruct phishing scams, and dodge any suspicious add-ons or apps that may cover malware.
5. Customer information
It is going to be challenging for customers to trust a business that has previously had issues protecting their data. And you can’t build a stable company without trust from your clients.
First and foremost, don’t save customer data or information that isn’t necessary or relevant, and erase it promptly when you are no longer utilizing it.
Secondly, establish and administer stringent data security procedures for your organization.
Thirdly, invest in SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocols for your website to guarantee that critical customer information is encrypted.
In conclusion, in 2018, there are plenty of security issues that digital marketers have to deal with. A firm’s security measures should incorporate all Internet activity, not solely data protection. As hackers and cybercriminals become more knowledgeable and influential, they know how to abuse human error and common digital platforms.
For this reason, you need to be diligent in updating and implementing the latest software updates and continuously be educating your team on ways to recognize and avoid online threats.
How Content Marketing Can Benefit Local Businesses?
Every local business has a goal of scaling and boosting their businesses to the next level. To reach customers, local businesses often use different marketing strategies, but truly speaking, without effective and result-oriented marketing, there is no chance of growing local businesses. Sometimes they run different ads to reach people and to communicate with their customer, but nowadays problem is that people are browsing on the internet with the ad blocker or various ad-blocking apps to avoid ads. And this marketing strategy is not that useful in this digital world. So, here comes the content marketing. Let us start with what is exactly content marketing?
What is content marketing?
Usually, when we hear the word content marketing, we thought it is related to creating blogs, articles, etc. But the content marketing is much more than we thought. Content marketing is a marketing process where you create and provide a valuable content to your potential customer to attract them and you build a profitable business.
For local businesses, content marketing is the best marketing method as it is cost effective and at the same time, it is more beneficial.
The basic idea behind content marketing is that you create an appealing content that gives values to your customers as well as prospects which results in generating leads or sells.
For instance, if you visit a smartphone store, your purpose is to buy a smartphone that will help in daily life. Your this objective is known to everyone who is working there in that store, so the salespeople in the store will not try to directly sell you a smartphone. First, they will ask you what type of smartphone you want, which features you require, etc. In this way, they will help you to find the right smartphone and thus make their sales. Content marketing is exactly similar to this where you create a content that is mainly focused on your audience’s interest.
Whether you run a café or you are doing any local business, content marketing plays a key role in today’s digital marketing strategy. Today, the world-class brands like Nike, Adidas, Apple, etc. are spending more time and money on designing, creating, and delivering attractive content.
You know what, blogging is the most common form of content marketing and over more than 2 million blogs are posted on different websites daily on the internet. An effective content marketing campaign will increase your website traffic and will definitely going to boom your local business.
You will be amazed by knowing that till 2020, UK businesses will spend a gigantic $408 million in content marketing. Content marketing becomes the foundation for expanding your business from local to the global area.
6 proven ways strategic content marketing benefits local businesses
Here are some of the ways in which content marketing helps for expanding and boosting local businesses:
- It helps to drive traffic to your website: Content marketing helps us to increase organic traffic on your website. As content is the backbone of content marketing, it thus helps us to reach to our best customers. The statistics told us that 70% of the customers know about your business through articles rather than other ads. So, content marketing helps us to deliver a valuable content to our potential customers and thus creates a strong bond between customer and your local business. It gives us an overview of the content outsourcing that we must integrate according to our targeted audience. The audience loves to read the content which is customized as well as of their interest. By content marketing, you are just creating a quality content relevant to your business as well as buyers and thus ultimately making sells of your products. Thus, it increases the traffic on your site and your local business rocks!
- It helps to expand and accelerate your business: When you create a content that is worth to read then, your customer is surely going to share it. Thus, you are building a network of customers, their friends, and relatives. For example, consider the Jeans company Pepe, they created their blog and focused on developing localized content for a particular geographic reason, this increased their engagement to 4.8% and created a huge fan following of 2 million peoples and thus created a huge network!
- Compels people to return your website and to re-use your service: When you are just giving your best and providing content that will surely give some value to a customer, then due to this, customer will again use your service and can also refer to his/her friends’ circle. This cycle continues and this all happens due to an excellent and an appealing content. More the personalized content you design more will be your brand recall value. Because people love a customer-centric service that you are providing via content marketing. Personalized content boosts your brand recognition and the user is likely to remember your brand name. Content marketing helps local business owners to attract customer attention and create a solid brand.
- It helps to overcome your competitors: Most of your competitors are neglecting content marketing or they are more focused on another type of marketing strategies. This helps you to be the only one in the marketplace. Also, content marketing helps you to find the keywords on which your competitors are targeting. It helps to create a unique and interesting content which will dominate your competitors and thus you will create a blue ocean strategy in your market. Build the trust with your customers and track what they are looking for!
- It helps to rank higher in search engines: Everybody wants an engaging content which will solve all their problems. If you are creating such content, then obviously people will stay on your site for a long time and the number of visitors on your web page will enhance. Due to such an engaging post, your website will rank higher in search engine results and thus you are positioning your local business as an authority figure in the marketplace as well as it leads to higher ROI.
- It is cost effective but highly productive: As previously stated, content marketing is the cheapest form of marketing but gives the higher results. You can hire someone to write content related to your business or can hire a freelancer. It literally takes 62% less money than traditional and outbound marketing techniques. It will boost your sales 3 times at reasonable rates. E-mail marketing is another form of content marketing and it plays a vital role in generating leads.
In short, content marketing helps your local businesses in all aspects and with the help of it, you will be the first mover as well as the fast mover in your market. Hope this article liked you. Do share this article maximum because “Sharing is caring!”
4 Common Drain Issues That Need Professional Help
Wisdom Teeth Coming in Properly? 4 Reasons to Still Consider Removing Them
Tips Reasons Why You Should Opt for Pool Fencing
How to Get In the Best Body Shape
Industrial Fires — Causes and Prevention
What is Autism Spectrum Disorder and its Treatment
5 Strategies for Better Advertising on Instagram
Is Blockchain the Latest Revolution in Technology?
The Increasing Advancement of Mobile App Development
Software3 months ago
How to Choose a Web Development Platform for Small Business
Home Improvement3 months ago
Simple Tips on Small Apartment Solutions
Health3 months ago
Patient Management System – A Digital Initiative to Keep In Track with the Medical Data
Health3 months ago
How Hypnosis for Depression Can Cure the Diseases?